So the help I need is three-fold. First and foremost, submit news. Think of this as a combination of the front page of the newspaper and an alumni page.
- Send the happy stuff--pregnancy, birth, or adoption announcements (even if you think the whole blogosphere knows already) as well as the sad stuff--loss announcements so you can get the support you need.
- If you start a new blog, list it so people can find you (if you've been around for longer than a month, you've started building your readership by commenting on other blogs).
- Send anything that may be of interest to the blogosphere--for example, Jenna added an announcement about an Oprah episode covering infertility that people may have missed if they hadn't read her blog yet this week. This is not a place to advertise businesses, though I may make an exception if someone draws my attention to something that I think would be of interest to the community (my focus is on the community, not the profit of a private business so I have to believe that others would be interested in hearing about it).
- If you see someone on the Lost list that you know, let them know that people are looking for them. If you're on the Lost list yourself, provide some information so you can be Found.
- Promote face-to-face get togethers with other IF/pg loss bloggers in your area.
- Ask for information or blogs that cover a specific topic.
Secondly, support those who list information on the page.
- There are people searching for fellow bloggers who have a similar situation in Connections. Click over and let them know that your blog exists.
- When people make an announcement--especially an emotional one such as a new pregnancy or a loss announcement--click over and give support. Give them a congratulations or a shoulder-to-cry-on.
- Say hello to people who list a new blog.
Thirdly, check the page yourself and let others know that it exists.
Lost and Found really only works if people use it. If they not only post stuff, but they read it too. I update several times a day. People usually only have to wait a few hours to see their words move into the body of the post (see submitting information).
- Spread the word
- Bookmark this page
- Subscribe to the rss feed
- Email the link to others
- Add it to your sidebar with the Lost and Found icon
- Post it on bulletin boards
- Mention it to other bloggers
- Write a post about it
- Check the page daily