Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- It's sort of an eerie ghost-town of a miscellaneous news section...um... How about I pose a question instead of reporting something. If you could have a new camera, cell phone, or blackberry--for free/with service--which would you chose and why? I'm the camera--I like to document things and remember things and I think that would be the most important electronic thing I could own. And you?
- Many new areas have been added to the Face-to-Face Lost and Found list below (just scroll down below this post). If there isn't one already meeting in your area, start your own. Or join along to an existing group by emailing the contact name on the list.
- A new feature is being added to the Lost and Found called "Meet the Clickers." Each week, I'll be featuring a Clicker so you can meet the people who are reading through your section of the blogroll. They will be answering a short list of questions and then posing a question back to you--the readers of L & F. Clickers, I'll contact you one-by-one to get your answers. Readers, stay tuned for the first installment...
- New Group Forming (Boston Area): Rachel is putting together a new face-to-face group for "Boston area IFers who are not pregnant or parenting that have had multiple miscarriages, multiple IVF failures, and/or are trying or contemplating donor gametes and/or adoption." Contact her through her blog: Henry Street. Please forward this info to IFers you know in the Boston area.
- Send her to BlogHer: it's BlogHer or Bust for Dramalish. She has a button on her site (check the left sidebar) to help her get to California this summer for BlogHer. Help her out.
- Team On the Road continues to truck along. There are now three teams walking in honour of Lennox and Zoe: Stirrup Queens, My Perky Ovaries, and In Search of Biscuit 2.0. I cannot thank enough those who have donated or posted the code for Team On the Road. We've currently raised $3398! If you would like to help with our March of Dimes fundraising, read this post and join along. There are at least five things you could do!
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- "Just" a Stay-at-Home Wife (in the beginning...)
LOSS REMEMBRANCES (send in the dates of loss anniversaries and I will post them on the correct day)
- Kathy will be remembering her first loss this Sunday.
- Three of a Kind has a beautiful post up about Molly's life.
- None Today.
- Teamwinks received terrible news. They were unable to fertilize any of the 9 eggs. Please go over there and give her a lot of support.
- Antigone is in the two week wait. Please go over and leave her good thoughts.
- Searching for One Good Egg is having her retrieval today.
- Soapchick could use some support right now. Her period came before her beta on this IVF cycle.
- River's Bend could use a hug, she's feeling the despair of infertility and the hopelessness that goes along with being in limbo, waiting for a new cycle to start.
- When Sarah Laughed could use a hug, she is in the throes of OHSS.
- Will They Have His Eyes? just started a FET cycle.
- The Happy Hours will be having surgery in May: "laparoscopy with chromotubation-which from what little I have found on Dr. Google, is like an HSG only they are looking at the dye from the inside instead of just on the ultrasound." Go over and give her good thoughts.
- Elizabeth from The I Word is in the hospital and on bedrest with mild preeclampsia. Go over and keep her company.
- Leah at Tales from My Dusty Ovaries is officially on bedrest.
- Tracy is back on bedrest after the tear in her placenta became bigger. Please go over and give her support.
- Life As a Sandwich is on bedrest this week due to placental abruption (though she is now home from the hospital). Go over and keep her company.
- Schatzi is on "increased rest" and will most likely be on bedrest for a large portion of her pregnancy.
- When All Else Fails... is on bedrest due to a shortened cervix.
- Geohde is on increased rest too as she keeps in the twins to 32 weeks.
- Portia is off PIO shots!
- Everything is okay, but Kathy had an ultrasound scare this week. Go over and give her a hug.
- Salt and Pickles had a great NT scan.
- This IVFing Life continues with great betas.
- Dear Gherkin has a beta of 32 at 10dpo.
- Gas Passer had a good ultrasound with heartbeat.
- It's a girl for Laura at Elephant in the Room. A spot was found on her heart during the ultrasound that required an amnio. Go over and give Laura good thoughts.
- Fertilized found out she has gestational diabetes. Please go over and give her support.
- Delenn gave birth to Willow! She was born yesterday morning. Go wish her congratulations.