Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Happy Tax Day.
- U.T.E.R.U.S. update: Auctions are still happening at US eBay and UK eBay, but the first sense of how much money we've raised has come in. On closed auctions, we have something over $842. On still-running auctions, we have $115. And on direct donations, we have $750. Which is pretty amazing. Sales are still continuing and we're over halfway to the goal! If you have something to donate, keep it coming. And go bid and be happy!
- Book Club Sign Up: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen begins tomorrow and all are welcome to join along. A book club from the comfort of your own living room...
- Donations: Rebecca's family at Clumsy Kisses set up a fund to honour her father who died this weekend. If you want to donate to Mind, the UK mental health organization click here.
- Question: Life after D&C has questions about Medrol. If you've taken it, swing by her blog and answer her questions.
- Question: Stitched Up has questions about acupuncture. If you can answer them, head over to her blog.
- Team On the Road continues to truck along. There are now three teams walking in honour of Lennox and Zoe: Stirrup Queens, My Perky Ovaries, and In Search of Biscuit 2.0. I cannot thank enough those who have donated or posted the code for Team On the Road. We've currently raised $2625! If you would like to help with our March of Dimes fundraising, read this post and join along. There are at least five things you could do!
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- None Today.
- Katd from They Grow in Your Heart is celebrating her birthday today! Go over and sing her a song.
- The IVFing Life is celebrating her birthday tomorrow. Go wish her congratulations.
- JuliaS will be remember Lily on her loss day tomorrow. Please go over and give her a hug.
- None Today.
- Family of Two needs support right now. She is in a terrible limbo of non-doubling betas and no solid information. Please go over and give her a hug.
- Michelle from Discovering Me lost her dog last weekend. Please go give her support--he was a huge part of her life for so long.
- Tubeless in St. Louis is in a very emotional place right now and could use some support. J's adoption will be finalized tomorrow. She is also looking to connect with others who have gone through an adoption finalization and just talk out the huge emotions that surround it.
- Transfer tomorrow for Nobaby Lane. Go wish her good luck!
- Mrs. Spit could use a hug right now. She broke up with family yesterday--took a stand and set limits. And she mentioned she felt a bit adrift without family as an anchor. Go give her some support.
- Leah at Tales from My Dusty Ovaries is officially on bedrest (I believe she raised her blood pressure specifically because she wanted to avoid the saliva-and-flu-covered brownies I was planning on slipping on her plate last weekend...)
- Two weeks of strict bedrest for Babylust. Go over and keep her company.
- Tracy is back on bedrest after the tear in her placenta became bigger. Please go over and give her support.
- Life As a Sandwich is on bedrest this week due to placental abruption (though she is now home from the hospital). Go over and keep her company.
- Mean Mama (originally BlogPicchiPacchi) is on bedrest at 30 weeks. Go over and keep her company.
- Schatzi is on "increased rest" and will most likely be on bedrest for a large portion of her pregnancy.
- When All Else Fails... is on bedrest due to a shortened cervix.
- Musings of a Barren-ess got a positive beta!
- This IVFing Life is having positive pee sticks and her first beta is tomorrow.
- None Today.