Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Fundraising: This is the last week to contribute to the March of Dimes by making a donation to Team of the Road. Altogether, the three participating teams have raised $3416. You can still make a donation!
- U.T.E.R.U.S. update: We have started a listserv for U.T.E.R.U.S. Click here to join U.T.E.R.U.S. and get on the email list. Please list your blog name/url in the sign-up form. We will be taking our brainstorming session to the listserv soon so sign up now. This is the same listserv we will use for all future brainstorming sessions when we do this again to help the next blogger.
- New Blogroll Category: new categories are added all the time, but this one maybe required an explanation. The title is Secondary Mourning and it was started by a grandmother whose daughter had a loss at 13 weeks after 5 years of trying-to-conceive. She needed an outlet for her own grief at watching her daughter go through infertility and she started a blog. It is eye opening to read about secondary mourning--even though it is something we all go through at some point in life connected with different forms of loss. The blog is listed under "New Blogs" below and is also on the sidebar. If you know of others who have started a blog like this, please let me know and I'll add them to the category.
- New Site: This one is also listed below but also requires more description. Six bloggers have come together to create Glow in the Woods, a blog/support site--a safe space for talking about loss, stillbirth, and neonatal death. This quote from the site speaks volumes: "One of us, only half-joking, said this will be a place where us medusas can take off our hats, none minding the sight of all the snakes. Because not only can we bear the sight of each other—we crave it." For anyone who is a babylost mama, please go over and join the campfire.
- Question: Two Years and Counting has a question about using herbs with acupuncture. If you have partaken in the herbal supplements sometimes offered with acupuncture, can you swing by her blog and answer her questions?
- Two Florida face-to-face groups are merging (Tampa and Orlando). If you want to go to the next get together, Jen has a post currently up about the next meeting.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- One Step Removed (Secondary Mourning)
- Glow in the Woods (stillbirth/neonatal death, loss, helpful site)
- None Today.
- None Today.
- New Year New Ute is going through her 5th loss. Please go over and give her support.
- Krista at One Day At a Time lost her sister is a car accident. My Reality posted for her, though she asked that comments be turned off on her blog. All comments can be mailed to My Reality and she will give them to Krista when she is ready to read them. Please go give Krista a lot of support through this loss.
- Elizabeth at I Thought Unicorns Were a Myth won an award at work! Go wish her congratulations.
- Elizabeth from The I Word is in the hospital and on bedrest with mild preeclampsia. Go over and keep her company.
- Leah at Tales from My Dusty Ovaries is officially on bedrest.
- Tracy is on modified bedrest and will probably remain like this for the remainder of the pregnancy.
- Schatzi is on "increased rest" and will most likely be on bedrest for a large portion of her pregnancy.
- When All Else Fails... is on bedrest due to a shortened cervix.
- Geohde is on increased rest too as she keeps in the twins to 32 weeks.
- Jen at Here We Go Again has a bleeding scare, but all is okay and she is on pelvic rest until the next appointment.
- Caro had her baby! The update is actually here on Rebecca's blog and all comments for Caro can be left there (Rebecca will get them over to her). He was born on April 30th. Go wish her congratulations.
- Kari at A Whole Nother Day had Howie yesterday as well. Go wish her congratulations.