Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday's Connections Abound

Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at thetowncriers@gmail.com with any questions/concerns.

Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.

Connections Abound

MISCELLANEOUS NEWS
New
  • Last Minute Update: Cali posted about a television show that is on tomorrow. You'll need to tape it and watch it Tuesday night and then the discussion will be on Cali's blog (and your blog) on Wednesday. Since this is time sensitive, I'm reposting the L & F to get this in...
  • I stopped off on my way home today and got a cup of blue raspberry water ice. So good. Before I left the store, I picked up one for Josh too. But I just ate it while I put together the Lost & Found. I'm so sorry, sweetie. It was really good.
  • Connections: Miss Conception is looking for IF vets--people who have been trying for years without any living children. If you fit the description, go leave her a comment so she can find your blog.
  • Quiet Blogger: A reader asks if anyone knows what happened to Baby Moxie. If she's reading this, someone would love for you to update and let her know you're okay.
  • Question: Kim asks, "I'm looking for people who dealt with an irritable uterus during their pregnancy and and either made it to term or didn't, to share their experiences and ease my mind (or just expand my understanding!)." If you can help her out, please visit her blog. Hell, visit her blog and give her some support even if you can't help out.
  • Question: Rebecca from A View on My Life has a question on her blog about fundraising for treatments/adoption. Go over if you can answer it.
  • Question: SAHW asks, "I'm about to start Clomid for the first time tomorrow. I was supposed to be monitored with bloodwork and u/s on Days 14 and 24, but I'll be out of town, so my doctor said we'll only just do the Day 24 monitoring. I'm confused, b/c what is the point of monitoring then? I will have already ovulated by then, so it's not like they'll be able to see how many follicles I had or anything, right? If anyone has any insights for me, please contact me via my blog. I'm wondering should I just wait till the following month so I can be monitored properly?"
  • Question: I Believe in Miracles has a question: "What is the average blood draw days if you are on a clomid cycle before your IUI? And if you are having blood draws, can your LH go down before a surge?"
Old
  • Last week to sign-up for the Roundup Extravaganza (the summer version of the Creme de la Creme). Head over if you want to participate.
  • If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
NEW BLOGS (started in May or June 2008)
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES (celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me date at any point and I'll post them on the correct day)
  • Shelby's birthday is on Wednesday. Go eat some cake in her honour.
  • Um...it's my blogoversary on Wednesday. So...er...may I ask for my own congratulations?
  • Last Friday was Tigger's birthday. Even though she is very low-key with birthdays, I don't think it would hurt to head over there, give her some love.
  • Michell's birthday was this weekend and I missed that too. Please go over there and sing her a song.
LOSS REMEMBRANCES (send in the dates of loss anniversaries and I will post them on the correct day)
  • Mommy to an Angel is coming up on the day in her current pregnancy that Jesse died at in her last pregnancy. Jesse died at 30 weeks 3 days (last Friday in this pregnancy) and was born at 30 weeks 6 days (Monday). Please give her support through this time.
LOSS ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • After a long time of bleeding, My Journey to Motherhood learned that she lost the pregnancy. Please go give her love.
  • Baby Dreams is having a very early loss. Please go give her a hug.
MISCELLANEOUS SUPPORT AND CELEBRATIONS (scary scans, anxious waits, OHSS, and a host of other reasons why these bloggers could use some additional support right now. Also, celebratory retrievals, transfers, and other good news)
  • Transfer day today for Romancing the Stork. Go wish her luck with the wait.
  • Dramalish had to put Boo Boo Kitty down this weekend. Go give her a hug.
  • On to Plan B has transfer day set for tomorrow! Go wish her good luck.
  • Blood Signs just had her fourth and final negative IUI and fifth negative on fertility medication. They are putting aside further action until August.
  • Over at Fertile Hope Trish's son Robbie has hit the two pound mark!! She had a rough day with him yesterday and could use some extra love and support.
  • JJ's beta is tomorrow. Please go wish her good luck.
  • Life After D&C is in the wait. Go over and keep her company.
BEDREST BABES: on bedrest following infertility or loss and needing support. Drop in on them and keep them company.
  • Trying is on bedrest due to gestational hypertension and low amniotic fluid.
  • Schatzi is on "increased rest" and will most likely be on bedrest for a large portion of her pregnancy.
  • When All Else Fails... is on bedrest due to a shortened cervix.
  • Geohde is on increased rest too as she keeps in the twins to 32 weeks.
  • Crowded Uterus Syndrome is on bedrest.
  • Milenka is in the hospital on bedrest due to low fluid.
  • Waiting For...? is on bedrest after leaking fluid and a rupture of membranes for one of the twins.
  • It Will Happen is on bedrest for a shortened cervix.
  • Gas Passer is on bedrest for the rest of her pregnancy.
PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS AND NEWS
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
Read and Support

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Melissa. Today turned into a much easier day when I came home to a wealth of support on my site. Thank you.

Kim said...

Likewise, I really appreciate how on top of this site you are. I don't know what we would do without you!