Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday's Connections Abound

Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The point to Lost and Found is to level the support playing field. When LFCA works correctly, the newest blogger with the smallest readership can receive the same level of support as the oldest blogger with the largest readership. Anyone can submit news to LFCA by clicking here.

Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.

Connections Abound

MISCELLANEOUS NEWS
New
  • Eating chips from the factory as my breakfast: dill pickle flavour.
  • Clickers Wanted: We could use some new clickers. If there is a specific category you want, let me know. If not, you'll be randomly assigned one. I mean, that is if you volunteer to be a Clicker...
  • Send Them Your Stories: Mrs Spock and the editors of Our Bodies, Ourselves are calling for personal stories of your infertility journey, path to parenthood, loss, and pregnancies and births after infertility or loss. You will remain anonymous. These stories are for possible inclusion as web content on the Our Bodies, Ourselves website. Personal stories have always been an integral part of the Our Bodies, Ourselves books. Details can be found on Mrs Spock's blog. Everyone's story, no matter how big or small, is wanted.
Old
  • Ch-ch-ch-ch-chaaaaaaanges: More layout changes underway. The sidebar version of the blogroll was slowing down the loading of the site. One person said it took 10 minutes to load on her computer! So I took it down. There is still the normal blogroll list that is updated once a week. Though, a poll question (since I may look to redo the blogroll with a different program): do you use the sidebar version or the post-version of the blogroll? Or both? Please leave a comment below letting me know. Also, I moved the face-to-face group list to the left sidebar instead of beneath this post. It is taking the space that the sidebar blogroll once held. The reason is that I can create the LFCA even when I'm not in town and schedule it to post. Isn't that cool? I'm just trying to create more ways to make sure it's daily during the week. And when I was juggling the two posts, I couldn't do it (it's a long, boring story of tech stuff). So, to conclude: let me know if you used the sidebar version of the blogroll and check out the new home of the face-to-face group.
  • Event: Kat from They Grow In Your Heart is hosting a free educational adoption seminar in the Louisville, KY area. Have your adoption questions answered by a panel of experts. Contact her at karalee@christianadoptionconsultants.com if you're interested or want more info.
  • New Column: Geohde is starting a weekly BOTW (Blog of the week-*ish*) post where she'll feature the blog and story of a different blogger each week. She writes: "Because we all have stories. And they're interesting. Mostly I'll just pick a blog from my blogroll and write a precis/summary about it all, but if anybody would particularly like to be featured, please contact me via my website- clicking on the BOTW icon or by email.
  • Can I just state how much I love the new LFCA submission form? It has shaved so much time off the process. Truly, no one needs to shout their news into the ether. Send in your own news or submit a call for support for another person that you read.
  • The 1500 adoption/infertility/loss blogroll is now...searchable. I've created a custom search engine that searches only the blogs on the blogroll. You can access it in the top right corner of my blog.
  • The IComLeavWe list is up for October. Join along; who doesn't love comments?
  • Bridges continues to post daily. And it continues to be an amazing resource for insight into a multitude of worlds. And I'm not just saying that because I work on it.
  • If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
NEW BLOGS (started in September or October 2008)
  • None Today.
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES (celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me date at any point and I'll post them on the correct day)
  • It was KandiB's one year blogoversary on the 11th. Go wish her congratulations.
  • Lauren is celebrating her 4 year wedding anniversary today. Go wish them congratulations.
LOSS REMEMBRANCES (send in the dates of loss anniversaries and I will post them on the correct day)
  • Lauren and her family remembered Baby Opal on what would have been her due date on October 13th.
LOSS ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • None Today.
MISCELLANEOUS SUPPORT AND CELEBRATIONS (scary scans, anxious waits, OHSS, and a host of other reasons why these bloggers could use some additional support right now. Also, celebratory retrievals, transfers, and other good news)
  • Battynurse had her baseline scan and she received the green light for this upcoming IVF cycle.
  • In the Wilderness had her trigger shot last night and retrieval is set for tomorrow. Go wish her luck.
BEDREST BABES: on bedrest following infertility or loss and needing support. Drop in on them and keep them company.
PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS AND NEWS
  • Tertia from So Close is pregnant--she is about six weeks along. U/s reveals on sac and fetal pole. Go give congratulations.
  • KandiB's got a BFP from her IVF last week. Betas were good, but she is dreading the u/s in two weeks. Give her congratulations and support.
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • None Today.
Read and Support

1 comment:

Hope2morrow said...

I do use the sidebar version of the blogroll.