Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Flotsam. A post that provides a snapshot of a life and what she thought looking back on that time period in addition to positive ways people can change some of the realities of infertility. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Blogger Beware: DD had a post last week about Wellsphere and since they seem to be leaving comments on blogs and since a lot of us are health bloggers, people should understand how Wellsphere works and why you may not want to give permission for them to use your RSS feed. There was a post last winter on the Wall Street Journal blog about the site.
- Giveaway: Kat is giving away a book about one woman's struggles with infertility. The book is called Waiting for Daisy, and provided Kat with a lot of hope during this journey. Just go to Kat's blog, and leave a comment, and you will be automatically entered into the drawing that will take place this Friday at noon [editor's note: it was the fourth selection of the Barren Bitches book choices if you want to read more about it].
- Off-Topic, but supporting another cross-over community: I know Laurie from Bridges. Her book just came out about living with cancer. The Ottawa launch of Not Done Yet will be taking place this Thursday, May 7 from 7-9pm. We will be at the First Avenue Day Care (at First Ave School), 73 First Avenue (entrance through O'Connor Street Parking Lot). The Toronto launch will be on June 11 at the Toronto Women's Book Store. If you're in the area and go to meet her, let her know Melissa says "hi."
- New Article: Geohde has a new article on Raising Twins about fertility treatments. Go over and read it to support her.
- NIAW: Apron Strings for Emily writes: "I realize that the week is almost over, but I started writing a post last Sunday in celebration of NIAW 2009 which got to be ginormous. This is why it's now broken down into a 6-day series of posts about infertility and loss. Please check out the first post from Sunday and follow through to the end, which is today (Friday)."
- Really Cool Project: Deb writes: "I am looking to pass along a necklace that I believe provided me a lot of wisdom during the days of IVFs. Looking for people to nominate others, with their permission, that could use a little extra help during this time. The winner must be willing to pass it along after their dreams have come true, no matter how long it takes."
- Giveaway: Amanda is giving away one unopened box of 30 Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor Test Sticks that expire 09/2009. To enter, just hop on over and leave a comment on the post. She'll randomly pick the winner 05/15/09.
- Project: Cara from Share Southern Vermont is in her final week of preparation for SSV's first annual Walk for Hope and Rememberance. Before walking, they will read the names/dates of our missing angel babies. If you would like to have your child's name read, please email Cara at email@example.com. There is no cost for this service, however donations are always gratefully accepted at their website to cover the costs of serving grieving families.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today.
- Helping Make Sense is celebrating her birthday today. Go over and sing her a little song.
- The Waiting Womb is celebrating her blogoversary today. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Rachel is celebrating her birthday this week. Go over and have a piece of cake with her.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- Kat just started her stims for her first IVF cycle.
- Turia's first egg retrieval is on Wednesday. She is pretty nervous and could use some reassurance from those with more experience.
- Devon is feeling like her boys are being forgotten just because she is pregnant again. Please go and give her support.
- Holly needs some extra love. She's feeling angry that Gregory is being ignored by all her family and friends just because she is pregnant again.
- Murgdan over at Conceive This! has her Cinco de Mayo ER today for IVF/ICSI #1...finally! Go wish her luck...she needs it!
- Infertile, Who Me? woke up to some bleeding this morning. Please send her prayers as she is going in this morning for an ultrasound to check on the baby.
- Sadie from Our Little Pebbles has been admitted to the hospital. She's 29 weeks today. She'll be in the hospital until the babies are born, hopefully not for a few more weeks, but based on her cervical measurements and contractions could be any day. She, her husband, and those babies need lots of good thoughts.
- Mrs M@sk has been put on bedrest at 26 weeks with incompetent cervix. She will be there until her little girls are born, which will hopefully not be too soon. Her doctor is aiming for 30 weeks. Go keep her company and send her good thoughts.
- Tuesday's Hope is pregnant! Go offer her congratulations and hope for the future.
- Sophie is twelve weeks pregnant. She could use some love and support as she navigates this time.
- Lina at A Decade of BFNs just had her second BETA and the number doubled wonderfully! She nervously awaits her first u/s on Thursday.
- The Happy Not-So-Newlywed gave birth to twins, Anderson and Emery, on May 3rd. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Infertile Mermaid gave birth to twins, Nicholas and Grace, at 28 weeks due to Grace's failing placenta. Both babies are tiny and in the NICU 2 hours away from Mermaid's home. Go give congratulations and support.
- Bleu gave birth to a baby girl, Soul Om, on May 4th. Go over and wish her congratulations.
Read and Support