Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Uppercase Woman. A very honest look at how complaining is shaping the way the author is thinking and feeling. It had crossed over from being a steam valve to becoming a lens and I love this frank look at her words and her path to change. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Feedback Requested: Taking into account that there are problems with even this version of the LFCA, how was the DIY LFCA yesterday for when we're in a pinch? Better than the forum? Better than nothing? Is there anything to make it better? Is it worth doing if I have a day when I can't post?
- New Site: There is a new adoption networking site called Adoption Voices. It is a lot like facebook but for people that are influenced by adoption. That includes looking to adopt, have adopted, were adopted, or placed a child for adoption. It also is for people who advocate adoption.
- Advocacy Day: Miriam wrote that yesterday was Resolve's Advocacy Day. "Write to your congressperson, raise your voice, get on your blog or Facebook or Twitter...advocate for infertility coverage!"
- Moving Spaces: Mandy from Where's My Baby? is moving blogs (her fertility journey is on the other blog, she will be updating "Where's My Baby", but not about that) If you'd like to access it please email her at the address she has posted on her old blog.
- Helpful List: If you're waiting for the call, or not sure what you need in those first few days of parenthood, Tequila Cinco for Our Family Beginnings has compiled a list of what to bring with you and what you can leave at home when you go to meet your new baby.
- Moving Site: Get Pregnant has moved to this new space.
- Vote: Weebles Wobblog is up for an award and she needs your vote. I've made the message 140 characters so people could tweet it too: "Help my friend: Go here http://www.socialluxelounge.
com/blogluxe/Go to "most inspiring." First row--vote Weebles Wobble. Please RT." Or, er, and don't just tweet it; vote too! And daily. Through July 6th.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today (more added this weekend)
- Wordgirl is celebrating her birthday next Saturday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Dora is celebrating her birthday this Friday. Go sing her a little song.
- Monday is Forever Reaching's anniversary and sobriety date. Go wish her congratulations on both.
- Life from Here is celebrating her anniversary next Tuesday. Go wish them congratulations.
- There's Hope is celebrating her anniversary next Wednesday. Go wish them congratulations.
- The Duchess is also celebrating her anniversary next Wednesday. Go wish them congratulations.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- Baby-Wanted's BIL went in for surgery and could use prayers and good thoughts.
- Elaine and Dave ask for your support as they help their adopted daughter, Little Bug, through withdrawal symptoms stemming from prescription drug use during pregnancy. Go wait with them and, if you are comfortable, pray for healing.
- Julia's son Patrick was admitted to the Children's Hospital with a bacterial infection of no known name or origin thus far. She could use some good thoughts.
- Baby T is allergic to eggs and Caro is looking for recipes and tips from others that have dealt with this.
- Stacie has started another round of IVF. Please stop by and cheer her on to a successful cycle!
- Please Give Me Back My Heart is returning to work after maternity leave. She could use support as she navigates this terrain, especially from other working mothers.
- Tina Tina is suffering over her ectopic pregnancy and this is compounded by needing to attend a close friend's baby shower. Please give her a hug.
- DrSpouse has broken their arm and a) can't type and b) needs a hug. Go and give her one.
- Phoebe has "craptacular" results on her recent round of bloodwork and it is a terrible blow. She could use some comfort.
- Infertility Bites just found out that she has thyroid cancer. Please stop over and give her and her family (including newbornish twin boys) support.
- Road Blocks and Roller Coasters just got atypical results from her latest pap. This combined with some ongoing health issues since having Lemy are really stressing her out. If you have any experience with this type of situation and can chime in with some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
- Kat and her husband have made the decision to adopt after their long struggle with infertility. Go give them your congratulations and words of encouragement. They have a long and hard wait in front of them.
- Mrs M@sk has been put on bedrest at 26 weeks with incompetent cervix. She will be there until her little girls are born, which will hopefully not be too soon. Her doctor is aiming for 30 weeks. Go keep her company and send her good thoughts.
- Michele's 15w5d appointment showed that Robert and Maya are doing very well and healthy. Her cervix is still over 4, and her OB assured her that the cerclage is still holding. She is going through some anxiety because her children were born between this week and 2 weeks from now. Help send her positive vibes that this pregnancy will go full term and the twins will be born healthy.
- Empty Arms is experiencing several signs of incompetent cervix and is currently on bedrest. Please go keep her company.
- Devon is on bedrest at only 17 weeks after a weekend of cramping and the fear that her placenta previa will cause bleeding. Devon is on Lovenox after losing her twins last year at just 23 weeks. Please go give her support.
- Due to a shortened cervix, Stace has been put on strict bedrest until Friday, then will probably be admitted to the hospital for a very long extended stay.
- VA Blondie has an ultrasound appointment on Monday. Go give her good thoughts over the weekend.
- It's a boy for B Mom!
- Polly had a very cooperative baby at her NT scan and got great news: very low risk. Go on over and breath a sigh of relief with her.
- Niki's surrogate (and wonderful cousin) is getting beautifully darkening pee sticks since 4dp5dt with their IVF cycle. Go celebrate with them and give support as they wait until their beta and getting through the first few weeks!
- Amylynn Amylynn has alot of questions following a positive HPT. Can you answer them? She'd love to hear from you.
- Kicking You From the Inside has welcomed Emily Elizabeth, but has also been told she may have cardiomyopathy of pregnancy. She is interested to know if anyone else has experienced this, what your symptoms were, and what the doctor told you.
- Peesticksandstones gave birth to a boy, Coleman, on Monday June 22! Go wish Peesticks and Stones a big congratulations.
- Ashley gave birth to her daughter, Evelyn. Mother and baby are doing great and should be home in 2-3 days. Go wish them congratulations.
- After Iris is heading in for induction today. Go send her some love and good thoughts.
Read and Support