Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from My World, My Ramblings. An amazing post that begins: "I feel like I lost yet another battle when I saw the blood yesterday. And at this rate, I think I am losing the war." About when the period beats the peestick to the finish line. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Publishing News: Pamela Jeanne has two pieces out there: "How Did I Get So Chesty" (MORE magazine) and "No Kids? Heap the Scorn, We're Ready" (Open Salon). Go wish her congratulations.
- Good Cause: "Canon have created a website entitled “Creative for a Cause” on which photographers can load photographs that depict a cause Australians are passionate about. The general public is then able to vote for their favourite photograph, and the one with the highest number of votes is the winner. Canon will then donate $60,000 to the charity nominated by the winning photographer. The wonderful Belinda Pratten of Freeswimmers has entered a beautiful photograph entitled “Humpback Frolic” and very kindly nominated the Stillbirth Foundation Australia as the charity should her photograph win. Belinda has creatively and cleverly highlighted two very important causes through this photograph, that of whales and stillborn babies, the first recognised and the latter less so. The Stillbirth Foundation Australia would like to ask you to follow the below link to the photograph (there may be a small delay as the photograph loads) and select “VOTE” on the bottom right of the screen. You will be asked to verify some letters and for your email address. Please know that Canon use this email address only to ensure that one vote is placed per email address, not for marketing purposes. So, if you have more than one email address, please nominate our photo with each address!"
- Good Cause: Vee is raising awareness for Rainbows for Kate: "The Rainbows for Kate Foundation has been established to specifically address the current lack of knowledge and understanding in relation to Sarcoma cancers. Our objective is to raise money for the purpose of enabling research into this particularly aggressive cancer, so that in the future those that are affected by it are provided more time and more options than Kate had. It is the view of the doctors involved that a significant difference could be made into the treatment of this type of cancer within just twelve months. The research we intend to enable will be spearheaded by Dr. David Thomas of the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre in Melbourne."
- Public Blog: Isn't TTC Supposed To Be Fun? writes: "I have made my blog public again. I have edited a lot of US pics that included my real name and managed some other privacy issues, and will continue to do so. The overflow of emails really broke my heart and I am so so thankful to have many devoted readers. My Twitter is still remaining private, but I would love for my readers to request to follow. I like to say a lot."
- Giveaway: Go over to Musings of a Fat Chick to win a gorgeous area rug! (USA and Canada only, sorry!).
- Peer Counselor List: There is a new category on the peer counselor list for those experiencing infertility and navigating the American military. I thought it was a very helpful new category so wanted to mention it in case someone was looking for a space to ask questions.
- Recommendation: A reader asks: "I have been diagnosed with a very deep septum with several large fibroids. I have had an exhausted search for a qualified physician to perform the corrective surgery that's needed. This is very important to me, since I have yet to conceive children. I would like to know if you have any recommendation for a surgeon in the Los Angeles area, I have Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO as my insurance." If you can help, please leave an anonymous comment in the comment section below.
- Question: Viva la Vivi is beginning the process of growing her family through surrogacy. In starting their search for a surrogate agency, they are looking at the experiences of others who have done so, and tips for financing this incredibly expensive process.
- Vote: Weebles Wobblog is up for an award and she needs your vote. I've made the message 140 characters so people could tweet it too: "Help my friend: Go here http://www.socialluxelounge.
com/blogluxe/Go to "most inspiring." First row--vote Weebles Wobble. Please RT." Or, er, and don't just tweet it; vote too! And daily. Through July 6th.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- IF Haiku (funny and creative--a new blog that defies category...)
- Opposite of Oops (secondary IF)
- As We Try... (general IF)
- Over the Rainbow (domestic adoption; old blog, new digs)
- Azoowho (azoospermia, elusive male pov)
- The Road Less Travelled is celebrating her anniversary today. Go wish them congratulations.
- Apron Strings for Emily is celebrating her birthday today. Go sing her a little song.
- Punch Drunk is celebrating her birthday today too. Go eat a slice of cake with her.
- Family of Two is celebrating her anniversary tomorrow. Go leave her messages of congratulations, though it has been a long time since she has written.
- Good Egg Hunting is celebrating her birthday on Thursday. Go sing her a little song.
- Life with Endometriosis and PCOS celebrated her birthday last week. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Another Dreamer is celebrating her anniversary on July 12th. It's also her test day. Go give the good thoughts and congratulations.
- Patricia and her husband celebrated their anniversary last Saturday. Go on over and wish them many more!
- Katie and her husband celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary on the 4th of July. Go wish them congratulations.
- Inanna Journey reached the three month mark after William's birth. Go send her some support.
- B Mom passed the one year anniversary of her first miscarriage this weekend. Please go show her some love.
- Overeducated Mommy is remembering E, eight months later. Please go give her a hug.
- Where's my White Picket Fence is experiencing her third pregnancy loss in one year. She could use some hugs.
- Ezra's Daddy lost his own father recently. Please go give him support.
- Niobe is starting another surrogacy cycle. Please go over and give good thoughts to both Niobe and her surrogate (who has her own blog!)
- Hold My Hope had her hystereoscopy this week. Go over and keep her company while she recovers.
- Please give Vee and Max support. He did not qualify for the clinical trial.
- Barrenness could use some serious hugs right now. Not only did her third IUI recently fail, but her sister just announced that she is pregnant and didn't try that long. She's having a hard time coping.
- The baby boy Eyes Wide Open was expecting to adopt was diagnosed with a life-threatening congenital heart condition. Given how very sick he is, the adoption wasn't able to move forward. Please go offer a word of support as they return home and recover from this devastating news.
- Rebecca learned that the baby she miscarried in May was a girl, and she is having a hard time dealing with the news. Please give her support.
- The Turtle and the Monkey signed divorce papers. Go over and give her blessings for new beginnings.
- Go give Girl Unscripted congratulations. She has been accepted to West Virginia University.
- Heeeeeeeeere Storkey Storkey got 11 eggs and 10 fertilized! Go give her good thoughts for an easy transfer.
- Our Own Creation had her D&C and is at home. Please go and give her a hug as she recovers.
- Nicole has written Cooper's story for the Preeclampsia Foundation. Please go give her support and helpful suggestions. She could also use a hug after getting a BFN. They are taking a break from TTC. Her nephew was born and no one told her and she had to find out from Facebook. Please go give her some love.
- Michelle at Is it Getting Easier Yet? is starting her protocol for her 15th IUI.
- Astral at It Is Written in the Stars Above is having an exploratory lap on Wednesday to see what's going on with breakthrough bleeding mid-cycle and extremely painful cramps. Stop by and wish her well.
- Hope in Virginia had two 5-day embryos transferred on Sunday, and she has now entered the Wait Until Beta.
- Gina was let go from her job last week. Please go over with support.
- Michele's 17w4d appointment showed that her cervix has dilated up to the placement of the cerclage. Bedrest is continued with the hopes of keeping the stitch tightly in place and holding the babies in as long as possible. On the up side, Bobby and Maya looked great, and were very active.
- Empty Arms is experiencing several signs of incompetent cervix and is currently on bedrest. Please go keep her company.
- Devon is on bedrest at only 17 weeks after a weekend of cramping and the fear that her placenta previa will cause bleeding. Devon is on Lovenox after losing her twins last year at just 23 weeks. Please go give her support.
- Due to a shortened cervix, Stace has been admitted to the hospital for an extended stay.
- Haley received a positive beta on her 5th IUI - she could really use support, encouragement, and help keeping the faith!
- Bloorb is having a boy!
- Mo and Will have a doubling beta! Join them in their cautious celebration.
- Jo just got a positive.
- Please give Queenie support as she waits to gain more information after worrisome results from the blood work with her NT scan.
- Outlandish Notions is having a boy.
- Empty Arms has announced that Number Two will officially be named Gwendolyn Jeanne!
- Ezra's Mommy is twelve weeks pregnant with the Sunflower! Go wish her congratulations!
- Born Still but Still Born found out that she is having a boy!
- Mimi has graduated from the RE to the OB!
- Mrs M@sk gave birth to twin girls at the end of last week! More news when she posts again.
- Amber gave birth to her son five weeks ago, but is just now letting everyone know. Please go welcome Oliver to the world!
- Meg at On the Wrong Side of Statistics welcomed Finnegan to the world on July 4th. Go wish her congratulations.
Read and Support