Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Life From Here. A beautiful post that explains how the term "own child" is a falsehood because the claiming flows from child to parent if ownership flows at all. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- New Game: I think Blogger Bingo just might be my favourite game I ever invented. It took thinking through three showers and a car drive to come up with it. Play to win a $20 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble (which can be used online/overseas too). Sign up is only open until the 23rd.
- Help: Sara at Schroedinger's Zygote is trying to put together a presentation for a social networking conference (PodCamp) about changing and evolving identities as bloggers, and would like stories about how those in our community have taken this on. Please see her post, or contact her via email here: email@example.com.
- Fundraiser: Do you live in the St. Louis area? Hudababy, Friends of Lindsay at Our Family Beginnings are working on raising money in their pursuit of Domestic Adoption. The first event is a silent auction, raffle, and trivia night! If you want to join in the fun, RSVP via their Facebook event page.
- Question: Although Ann does not have a blog of her own, she is an avid reader, lurker, and sometime commentor, and she has really appreciated the indirect support she has received from the IF community by reading about others' experiences. Now considering adoption, Ann would appreciate any recommendations for domestic adoption agencies in the Kansas City area. Please leave any suggestions in the comments section of this post.
- Question: Please Help! Bloggers with IUI experience needed. Mommy Someday? is concerned about the timing of her IUIs. She writes: "Please stop by my blog and let me know about your experiences. I have two polls set up -- one where you can tell me the timing of most of your IUIs and one where you can tell me about the specific timing of any "successful" IUIs. Thanks for your help!"
- Password Protected: Emily the Hopeless is going private. If you would like to continue reading and receive the password, write her at emumlyATgmailDOTcom.
- Password Protected: Miss E's Musings has decided to make her blog password protected beginning Friday, Aug. 21. Please email her using the link on her blog's About page if you would like to receive the new password.
- Hold the Date: LLOST is holding their annual Walk to Remember on October 3, 2009 in Fredericksburg, VA. Save the date on your calendar and spread the word.
- Post Series: Yodeling Mamas on Yahoo have started a series of posts on infertility.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- Sprawning the Hard Way (IVF)
- Nothing to Fear But Infertility (religious/spiritual)
- Is it MY Turn? (in the beginning)
- Our Someday Family (male factor)
- Why Can't My Plan and G-d's Plan Align? (in the beginning)
- The Infertile Breeder (secondary IF)
- This Time Around (secondary IF)
- Ambivalent Womb (male factor)
- Stop the House, I'm Getting Out (pg after loss)
- The Art of If (in the beginning)
- Romancing the Stone's Blog (over 35 and ttc)
- Life According to Leah (domestic adoption)
- CD1 Again is celebrating her anniversary today. Go over and wish them congratulations.
- The Adventures of Tader Baby is celebrating her blogoversary next Thursday. Go wish her congratulations.
- Here We Go Again is celebrating her blogoversary next Friday. Go wish the blog-hijacking woman congratulations.
- Happy 41st birthday to WhichBox. Go sing her a little song.
- Mrs. Gamgee is remembering her second loss today on what would have been Olivia Noelle's EDD.
- My Grasp at Sanity is grieving the loss of her baby on the year anniversary. She could use some hugs and kind words.
- None Today.
- Cathy's son, Daniel, at Tomorrow Is Another Day will be having surgery to place a G-J tube tomorrow. He's been in so much pain, they've been unable to keep him fed and hydrated. Please stop by and sit with her while she waits to see if this surgery works.
- Heather's clomid cycle might be canceled due to lack of response. She's frustrated, disappointed, and could use some encouragement.
- Bec has learned that of 33 eggs, none made it to blastocyst. She has also been hospitalized with IVF complications.
- Devon has been on bedrest in the hospital for over a month now and could really use her spirits lifted right now. Please stop by with some cheer and hugs.
- Michele received the news that the twins are doing great, weighing 1lb10oz and 1lb9oz, at 23w4d. Unfortunately, her cervix is dynamic and opening and closing at random. The cerclage is still holding things together and she is still on strict bedrest in the hospital until the twins are born.
- Devon has been admitted to the hospital with contractions. Please send her many prayers and warm thoughts. Her little one is still too young to be born and it is important that she stay inside as long as possible.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle has been placed on modified bedrest and will most likely be getting a cerclage in the next week or two. Please give her some support as she awaits her triplets arrival.
- Jamie was recently released off hospital bedrest but is now on modified bedrest at home.
- Baby Smiling In Back Seat's cervix has shortened and she is now on modified bedrest to keep her twins inside as long as possible.
- After a scary hospital visit at 24 weeks, Chelle is on modified bed rest. Her restrictions will increase as time goes on to try to avoid preeclampsia and keep her twin girls growing inside her as long as possible. The girls are doing great.
- Mommy Wanna-Be has a great 1st beta of 701 after IVF cycle #1! Stop by and tell her congrats!
- Musings From the Other Side became instant parents when the three siblings they are working to adopt moved in! It's been a full month of getting to know each other, playing together, and learning boundaries.
- Caba gave birth on Aug 11th to Samantha Mary and Anthony Mark. The twins were born at 38.3 weeks, and weighed in at 6.2 and 6.13 lbs respectively. She was a surrogate for her sister and her husband, and the babies are home with mom and dad and doing great. Caba is also home from the hospital and doing well.
Read and Support