Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from This is Not What I Planned. An aching post that explains life after the loss of a baby: "He is such a huge part of who I am and yet to most people he doesn't exist." How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Helpful Site: For those of you considering domestic adoption or those of you already on the path, Lori of Weebles Wobblog is re-running her serialized infertility and adoption stories on Drama 2B Mama. Starting today there will be three posts a week through February, 2010.
- Invite Only: Down that Dirt Road has gone password-protected. If you'd like to keep reading, you can email Browneyedgirl.
- Prayer Site: a new prayer site has started called The IF Gathering Place. Please click over if you'd like to join others in group prayer.
- New Face-to-Face Group: a new face-to-face group has started in Dublin. If you want to connect with other Iffers in Dublin, contact Fran at Everyone Else But Me. This information is always housed on the left sidebar of the LFCA (just scroll down to see other face-to-face groups).
- Project: Joy writes: "This is a request for non-U.S. bloggers - we need your healthcare stories! Yesterday in my gym I heard a woman tell another woman that in the U.K., once you get to be over 60, you're 'put on a list' so that you can be denied joint replacements and other health care measures for which you are now 'too old.' Please set the record straight about whether you like your health care, how long you wait, and how your older friends and loved ones have fared. The misinformation here is incredible and insulting to you, our UK / Canadian / Aussie / South African /
friends. We can link to these blog entries and try to inject some real experiences into the conversation."
- Giveaway: Noswimmers is hosting a contest/giveaway. The winner will receive a RESOLVE membership--a $55 value! All you have to do is guess Sherbert's birth date/weight/length--the closest guess wins!
- Raffle: Life According to Leah will be holding a raffle of amazing prizes every Friday. If interested, go check out her website. Fabulous prizes could be yours for just $5.00.
- Question: Moky of Unapologetically Content has a question. Her husband has to get a steroid treatment for his colitis and she wants to know if anyone knows how this can affect his contribution for IVF.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- Raining Raining (in the beginning...)
- The Privileged Infertile (male factor)
- A Journey Through Motherhood (pg loss)
- IVF and the Newlywed (over 35 and TTC)
- Fresh and Freerange (donor egg)
- Hopeful for a Baby (in the beginning...)
- Friday, September 4 was The Steadfast Warrior's 26th birthday. And it happens to be her mother's birthday too. However, it's also the day she was rushed to the hospital from massive bleeding and complications from her induced miscarriage of Kenneth in 2008. Sing her a song, hold her hand and wish her the best of luck for Bean's arrival!
- Soapchick's grandmother celebrated her 100th birthday on Saturday September 5th. Soapchick and her family had a party for the first centenarian of the family!
- Astral's third wedding anniversary was last Wednesday. Congratulations!
- Relaxing Doesn't Make Babies celebrated her birthday over the weekend. Go have a slice of cake with her.
- Maybe Baby? turned 30. Go sing her a little song.
- Alana-isms celebrated her 11th wedding anniversary!
- Tina is thinking about Sophia and Ellie on their should-have-been due date. Please go remember them with her.
- Once a Mother is remembering Peyton on her first birthday. Go sit and be still with her.
- Little Footprints is remembering Maddie two months after her death. Please go remember with her.
- Building Heavenly Bridges is thinking of Emma Grace on her birthday. Please go support Cara and remember Emma.
- He Will Carry Me is thinking about Isaac, eleven months after his birth. Please go support her.
- Waiting for My Turn is having an ectopic pregnancy.
- Just Nesting had her first IUI with injectables last week. Please go and wait with her.
- The Infertile Breeder had her transfer. Go keep her company during the wait.
- RB's second adoption match fell through. She could use a lot of support right now.
- C by the Sea's transfer went well. Keep her company during the Wait Until Beta.
- Niobe's sister has been in an accident and is in intensive care on a ventilator. Please go support Niobe as she supports her family.
- Life Without Caden went to visit Caden's grave again and found that it had been stripped bare of all of his things. Please go give her support as she processes this loss.
- S from By the Pricking... got her baby's autopsy report (among other crappy news) and could use some support from fellow bloggers who've been there, and general support.
- Michele received the news that Bobby was having SVT on Tuesday. With medication it has gotten a little better, but he is still having arythmia. Unfortunately the medication is wreaking havoc with Michelle's already high blood sugar so she will also have to go on insulin therapy. The good news is that Maya is still doing well and it looks like the babies won't be making their entrance any time soon.
- Devon is home, but still on bedrest.
- Carrie of Tubeless in Seattle has been released from the hospital and is back at home on bedrest, awaiting her triplet boys.
- Jamie was recently released off hospital bedrest but is now on modified bedrest at home.
- Baby Smiling In Back Seat has been admitted to the hospital due to premature labor at 28 weeks. The babies are doing well. The drugs seem to be stopping labor for now.
- After a scary hospital visit at 24 weeks, Chelle is on modified bed rest. Her restrictions will increase as time goes on to try to avoid preeclampsia and keep her twin girls growing inside her as long as possible. The girls are doing great.
- Big surprises at Sunny's first ultrasound--two heartbeats. She's having twins.
- A Journey to Conception has just found out that she is having twins at her first ultrasound!
- Life Of Pixxiee had an anatomy scan and has found out she's having a girl! There's a small complication - a single umbilical artery - but everything else looks fine.
- Andrea Jennine of Entrusted is pregnant! She got a positive beta after IVF#4.
- A Family With Ann Ovulation had a first beta of 4. She goes in for second beta on Tuesday, and meanwhile would welcome stories of good outcomes after a low first beta.
- Gabby has rising betas!
- BB has graduated from the RE to the OB!
- None Today.
Read and Support