Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Book Tour: Lori is hosting a book tour for the memoir Found by Jennifer Lauck. She decided by the second chapter that this fantastic book was worth bringing to her ALI friends. Sign up soon through the link in the post because there are a limited number of spaces available, and book tours tend to fill up. This is an engaging book about loss and resilience, which is something we can all relate to, right?
- Cyclesista: It's that time again! The latest cyclesista post is up. Visit to support bloggers who are actively cycling this month, or to add your own blog to the list.
- Class: Lisa Eaves is holding another class. Free Nutritional Detox presentation at Heal from Within on Nov 9, 7:00 - 8:30PM. Whether getting ready for a cycle, coming off a medicated cycle or just to learn HOW to do an internal cleanse using FOOD as Medicine (what a concept), come learn and be with your kindred IF sisters. Email LisaEaves@Heal-from-Within.com to register. 4545 42nd Street NW, Suite 301, 2 blocks from the Tenleytown Metro on the Redline.
- Raffle: The Lost Stork Foundation is hosting two fundraiser raffles in November to celebrate National Adoption Awareness Month. The first raffle is adoption themed for couples going through domestic, international or foster adoption. The second raffle is Family Fun Night themed so anyone can participate!
- Meet and Greet: Erica, founder of Parenthood for Me (a charity dedicated to giving grants to those pursuing adoption or ART) will be in New York City on Saturday, November 12 for a meet and greet. 10 am at Le Pane Quotidian, 50 W 72nd street.
- Question: theinfertile1 is wondering if anyone knows anything about using intralipids with an IVF cycle.
- Contest: Circle and Bloom is running a health advocate competition where you can win $250. You can enter here. You can read all the interesting entries here (http://www.circlebloom.com/blog/) and also leave a comment and help Heather win here (http://www.circlebloom.com/heathers-advocate-for-health-contest-blog-story/).
- Contest: A reader writes, "My name is Kyle Costello, my wife and I are both active duty Air Force stationed at Keesler AFB, MS. We are also suffering from infertility, which affects 1 in 7 couples in the United States. However, despite these statistics, we still feel alone in this situation because it is such a taboo subject. We are hoping to change that! One of the hardest parts about infertility is its financial burden. Many insurance companies cover only part or not even any of the cost. Unfortunately our insurance covers absolutely nothing. We have a little hope now though, because our clinic NewLIFE located in Mobile, AL and Pensacola FL, is holding a contest on facebook. The couple who gets the most "likes" on their submitted photo on the NewLIFE facebook page will win 10,000 worth of treatment at the clinic." Please go over to help.
- First Time Reading the LFCA: If this is your first time reading the LFCA or you need a refresher about how the LFCA works, please read this post. It has everything you need to know about getting your news in the LFCA.
- Quicklink Resources: Regular ALI Blogroll: If you would like your blog added to the ALI blogroll, please email me directly with your blog url and category pick. More information about being added is contained in that link. Password-Protected Blogroll: If you would like your password-protected blog added to the blogroll, please fill out the form.
- Relaxed No More (in the beginning)
- Donating Hope (egg donor)
- My Life in a Nutshell (pg loss)
- Detour (pg loss)
- A Blanket to Keep (general IF)
- BIAGO (secondary IF)
- Aiming for Imperfection (parenting after IF; old blogger in new digs)
- Hope Springs Eternal celebrated her birthday and blogoversary on Sunday. Go wish her congratulations.
- Making Me Mom is celebrating her blogoversary on Tuesday. Go wish her congratulations.
- Our Own Creation is celebrating her blogoversary on Wednesday. Go wish her congratulations.
- Deborah celebrated her first blogoversary on October 29. She's so thankful to be a part of this community!
- JuliaS is remembering Aiden on Monday, who she lost in 1995.
- Heartbreaking news. Meghan from Wishing & Hoping & Thinking & Praying & Planning & Dreaming lost her long battle with cancer and passed away October 26th, 2011. She leaves behind her beautiful triplets and loving husband. To leave your condolences to her family, please visit her memorial book here.
- Mama's Time Bomb's dad died last Tuesday (Nov 1). Please give her support.
- Jenni at Hope Springs Eternal is starting another IVF cycle after a summer break from all things IF. Welcome her back and wish her luck with this cycle.
- Life is farting on Genevieve and her hubby right now. She is always so supportive of us, but could use some of our words of support at the moment.
- Mrs Babydream's latest FET cycle failed. She's taking a much needed break. Any support welcome!
- Sweet B's Mom has just learned that it is very likely that her 16 month-old micro preemie has Cerebral Palsy. She is forever grateful that her baby survived the traumatic pregnancy where the doctors said her baby would die, but continues to have anxiety as Sweet B recently had to have a g-tube placed and wonders about the future. She could really use your support right now.
- Sunnymama has her embryo transfer on Sunday so please call by to visit her and Sunnyboy during the two week wait. She'd also love others to share images and words of hope at her weekly link collection Sharing Hope.
- Elaine is approaching a day 5 transfer on Tuesday on my second IVF cycle. Just need someone to wait it out with me!
- Marissa is on bed rest for two weeks. The twins look good but she is having some cervical funneling. Drop by and share some suggestions for books and movies to help her pass the time.
- After almost 5 years of ttc #1, countless failed IUIs and IVF cycles, Tippy got a BFP with her first donor egg IVF cycle. She's thrilled with her initial beta, but anxious to enter into this new territory after years and years of disappointments. Please help her through these next few weeks leading up to her first ultrasound.
- Jen is having a baby!
- After several unsuccessful IUI's, and after she made her appointment for an IVF consult, BMar peed on a stick and saw two lines!
- BigP and Me got a BFP!
- C by the Sea was shocked to learn that before she could make it to her FET, she became pregnant on her own.
- No Longer Broken has seen a faint two lines. She has a call into the doctor and is waiting to be put on progesterone. She is excited, yet scared.
- Willow's daughter was born on Oct. 6! Please go wish her congratulations on this long-awaited dream come true!
- Congrats to Bridgett and her hubby on the birth or their beautiful baby girl! Emily Bonnie was born on Tuesday, 10/26. Mom and baby are doing great. Go over and send them some congrats.
- Toni welcomed a daughter, Bree, on October 30, 2011. Go wish her congratulations.
- Rebekah welcomed her precious daughter born at 36 week. She says, "We're in love... And very sleep deprived."
Read and Support