Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Calling those in the Philadelphia area: I am looking for others pursuing DI in the Philadelphia area. I can be contacted by leaving a comment on my blog: http://1hardyswimmer.blogspot
.com/. Thanks, Trace.
- Cyclesista has some very cool tricks up their sleeve. In addition to all the loving support you know and love, Cyclesista is now doing a monthly "lucky dip" prize for one cycling chickie. If you don't know about Cyclesista, you are truly missing out on a whole world of support. Anyone undergoing IUI or IVF can participate. And even if you're not currently cycling, their wall of past cyclesistas can make your heart swell with hope. Go over and check it out.
- This is specifically for those living in Northern Virginia or the DC Metro Area: "I'm looking to gauge interest in a support group for couples and/or individuals currently experiencing infertility, to be led by an experienced therapist and myself, a fellow-pomegranate-thread-wearer and therapist-in-training. This group will meet at a conveniently located private office in Ashburn, VA. Topics will include but not be limited to; emotional aspects of infertility, relaxation and self-healing techniques for enduring treatment, making decisions about infertility treatment, and maintaining intimate relationships during infertility. The group will run for 6-8 weeks, for two hours per session on a weekday evening, and the start date will be determined when a sufficient number of participants have expressed interest. Please contact me, Jessica Nemeth at email@example.com for further information." A P.S. from me: Jessica rocks and this group sounded really cool so I wanted to post it here.
- Chicklet at Blurb This! has started The Blurbit Barn, selling snarky and funny cards. Go over and take a look.
- Lara at Little Beans 4 Me is turning 40 this Sunday (September 23rd). Go over and sing her a little song.
- Hez just had her 9th anniversary on the 19th AND she saw a heartbeat this week. Talk about a celebration!
- None Today.
- Please go over and welcome Emy into the world and give her parents some support. Emy was born three months prematurely and is currently in the NICU. Now that she is stable, Angie hopes to hold her for very soon.
- Infertile Pediatrician and her wife, R, are having twins! Go over and wish them congratulations.
- One of His Moms had a negative peestick today and promptly after setting down the stick, discovered she had her period. It's a shitty way to start off your day. Please go over and give her some support.
- Faint second line at Thwarted Repeatedly. They're still testing daily, but a positive is a positive. Go over and wish them congratulations.
- It's official--"Thirteen and a half months after Roo made us a family of three, we’re legal." Go over and celebrate with the chickies at Round is Funny.
- Pob has arrived! Thalia had her little girl yesterday. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- A few more China referrals:
- One More Ladybug: Kaelob Jon is the sixth little ladybug to join the family. That little guy is so lucky to have such a big loving family.
- Vesper Family Adoption: The Vesper’s are proud to announce their new baby daughter Tabitha (Tong Shu - "Virtuous Child"). She was born on April 18, 2006 and is currently at the Xi'an Children's Welfare Institute. They hope to travel in February/March of 2008.
- Journey to Adelie: The Wartmans are excited that Adelie Mei (Jiang Yu Xuan) will be joining their family soon. She was born January 8, 2006 (19 months old, that's Nancy Ann's birthdate too!) and is currently in the Jinjiang City Children's Welfare Institute in the Fujian Province. Baby and mommy share the same birthday, how’s that for fate?