Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
No Connections Abound Thursday due to Rosh Hashanah
- Want to talk about your uterus on national television?: NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams is working on a story about the challenges that women face getting pregnant after 40. We're looking for women who would be willing to share their stories with us. If you are over 40 and undergoing treatment, or have had successful treatment, we would love to talk with you. We're looking for a range of experiences...individuals who found themselves making a significant financial commitment to treatment, as well as those who were fortunate to have good results early or medical coverage to help offset the costs. If you'd be willing to share your story with NBC News, please give me a call. We're aiming to air the story next week. I really appreciate your consideration. Carol Eggers (212) 664-4884 or email@example.com.
- Videomistress extraordinaire, Bea of IIFF fame, has now created a website that is a compilation of injection videos for your...well...not quite viewing pleasure, but definitely education. A link to the site has been added to my sidebar under Operation Heads Up. Bea has code on the site so you can add it to your own blog and spread the word about this great resource.
- Canadians Unite! Aurelia at No Matter How Small posted great IF/adoption news on her blog about Ontario's Liberal Party platform and their stance on IF/adoption coverage. Go over and read more.
- Support a fellow stirrup queen: Carole belongs to a group called Breath of Hope. Their goal to increase awareness of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is the birth defect that Joseph died from. They are trying to raise money and there is a way that you can help. If you use Good Search for your search engine, their non-profit will get a small amount of money for each search. It's really easy. Go to http://www.goodsearch.com. There is a place that asks "Who do you Good Search for?" Just type in Breath of Hope. It should come up as Breath of Hope (Charlottesville, VA). You can search away and all proceeds will go to Breath of Hope.
- Blogher is taking on new bloggers for their ad network. There are two conditions: you should update at least 2x a week, and you should have been blogging for at least 90 days. They do make exceptions on both counts, but that's where they like to start from. If interested, click on over to Blogherads and get started.
- I'm a day late and a dollar short, but yesterday was Mary Ellen's birthday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- The Egg Timer just had an especially rockin' IUI and she is currently in the two week wait. Go over and keep her company while wishing her good luck.
- In Search of Morning Sickness just had retrieval yesterday (17 eggs!) and is waiting on the fertilization report today. Go over and give her good thoughts.
- Karaoke Diva's progesterone dropped (she is currently pregnant). She's not only in need of some encouraging words of support, but also stories where a drop in progesterone levels still yielded a healthy pregnancy.
- Journey to Junior may have her IVF cycle converted to an IUI due to only having three follicles. Please go over and give her a hug.
- None Today.
- Jennifer at Infertility Drama had her girl, Jocelyn Rosalie on September 7th. Go over and wish her congratulations.