Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- This seems important to mention and I promised Josh that I would put it in. It's International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
- Cyclesista has some very cool tricks up their sleeve. In addition to all the loving support you know and love, Cyclesista is now doing a monthly "lucky dip" prize for one cycling chickie. If you don't know about Cyclesista, you are truly missing out on a whole world of support. Anyone undergoing IUI or IVF can participate. And even if you're not currently cycling, their wall of past cyclesistas can make your heart swell with hope. Go over and check it out.
- This is specifically for those living in Northern Virginia or the DC Metro Area: "I'm looking to gauge interest in a support group for couples and/or individuals currently experiencing infertility, to be led by an experienced therapist and myself, a fellow-pomegranate-thread-wearer and therapist-in-training. This group will meet at a conveniently located private office in Ashburn, VA. Topics will include but not be limited to; emotional aspects of infertility, relaxation and self-healing techniques for enduring treatment, making decisions about infertility treatment, and maintaining intimate relationships during infertility. The group will run for 6-8 weeks, for two hours per session on a weekday evening, and the start date will be determined when a sufficient number of participants have expressed interest. Please contact me, Jessica Nemeth at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information." A P.S. from me: Jessica rocks and this group sounded really cool so I wanted to post it here.
- Chicklet at Blurb This! has started The Blurbit Barn, selling snarky and funny cards. Go over and take a look.
- None Today (what? Get to work, you slacker! Arrrrrrr--that's pirate talk for "I'm just kidding but maybe you can't tell over this medium...")
- Another one I missed! It was Cece's birthday yesterday. Please go over and sing her a little song.
- Littleangelkisses is celebrating her 36th birthday today AND retrieval was yesterday. Make sure you wish her good luck for transfer when you go over there to tell her happy birthday.
- Wanttobeamom at Living with the Cards I Was Dealt had an early loss on Sunday. Please go over and give her a hug.
- Jenna received an email yesterday telling her that the expectant mother changed her mind about the adoption. She is due this Friday and Jenna spent the weekend setting up the nursery in preparation. Please go over and give her support. She is really having a rough time this past month.
- An update about Sarah's aunt: the procedure went well and her aunt is coming home from the hospital hopefully today.
- Elaine at My Prayers, His Promises was denied access to the shared risk plan because her FSH is too high. She is understandably upset and has difficult decisions now to make concerning donor eggs and finances. Please go over and give her some support.
- In looking back in the archives, I realized that I never put in this announcement and I am so sorry! Carlynn at Still Passing Open Windows is due in April. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Good news continues for Katrina at A Single Woman's Journey to Motherhood. Her beta doubled nicely. Go wish her congratulations.
- Uh uh uh uh, I can't even speak/type because KAREN IS HAVING HER TRIPLETS TODAY. My goodness, you think if I scream it loudly enough, she'll hear me? She's only a few miles away, delivering her triplets. Yay! A formal announcement with details coming soon from Karen's friend, Jess.