Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Cyclesista has some very cool tricks up their sleeve. In addition to all the loving support you know and love, Cyclesista is now doing a monthly "lucky dip" prize for one cycling chickie. If you don't know about Cyclesista, you are truly missing out on a whole world of support. Anyone undergoing IUI or IVF can participate. And even if you're not currently cycling, their wall of past cyclesistas can make your heart swell with hope. Go over and check it out.
- This is specifically for those living in Northern Virginia or the DC Metro Area: "I'm looking to gauge interest in a support group for couples and/or individuals currently experiencing infertility, to be led by an experienced therapist and myself, a fellow-pomegranate-thread-wearer and therapist-in-training. This group will meet at a conveniently located private office in Ashburn, VA. Topics will include but not be limited to; emotional aspects of infertility, relaxation and self-healing techniques for enduring treatment, making decisions about infertility treatment, and maintaining intimate relationships during infertility. The group will run for 6-8 weeks, for two hours per session on a weekday evening, and the start date will be determined when a sufficient number of participants have expressed interest. Please contact me, Jessica Nemeth at email@example.com for further information." A P.S. from me: Jessica rocks and this group sounded really cool so I wanted to post it here.
- Chicklet at Blurb This! has started The Blurbit Barn, selling snarky and funny cards. Go over and take a look.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- Tigger is in a real rough patch right now. Her pregnant niece is living in her house and now going into premature labour and her mother's cancer has most likely returned--either in her lungs or brain. She has a lot on her plate and could use a hug.
- Niobe may have found a surrogate. They will be meeting next week. Please go over and wish her luck.
- Brenda at LifeCanBeAShit received a negative this week. She is onto her 10th IVF cycle. Please go over and give her some good thoughts.
- Di at It's My Life is approaching the one year anniversary of her daughter's death (October 5th). Please go over and give her a lot of support for these next few weeks.
- None Today.
- At Journey to Christopher, Christopher (Thanh) is finally home from Vietnam with his forever family. He was born March 1, 2007 from the Lang Son orphanage in Vietnam. A very happy family despite some battles with an ear infection. Go wish them congratulations on their dream come true.
- The Ree’s received their referral about a month ago. Born 6/11/07, their new daughter is from the Thai Nguyen province in Northern Vietnam. They hope to get travel information soon.
- More China Referrals! Go over and wish them all congratulations:
- Somewhere In The Sun: Olivia Li Ming (Min Ming Qing) born November 2005, currently in foster care in Qinzhou City, Guangxi Province. A princess is coming indeed.
- Journey to Ian: Stephani and Shawn are anxiously awaiting to travel to meet their new son Ian (Xiang Xuan) who is currently in the town of Wenzhou in the province of Zhejiang. It is estimated that he was born on March 28th, 2006. In just 8 weeks, Polli will have a new playmate!
- Two+Two=FOURever Family: Holy cow it’s twins! Click over to meet Abrielle LuLa (Zhaung Lu La) and Delaney LuMei (Zhaung Lu Mei). Abby and Laney were born January 2nd, 2006 and currently reside in the Yifeng SWI in Jiangxi Province. Hopefully they will be home with Toni and Rett by the end of this year.
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Congratulations to Jen and Bill on the referral of their new little boy Ricky. Ricky was born September 2, 2006 and is in the Fuling Orphanage in Chongqing. Happy 1st Birthday little man!
- Waiting for a Graceful Morning: Marcia is proud to announce the referral of her new 3 year old daughter Ava (Xiao Ting). Peter and Ben are anxiously awaiting her arrival, and can’t wait to play games with her.