Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Looking for an update: It's been three months since Jill of Knocked Up, Knocked Down posted the awesome news of the adoption of her daughter Sophia Grace. I find myself thinking about Jill and her family much and am wondering how they are (from Nina). Also posted below in Lost and Found.
- An update on Mary that was also said at the Virtual Lushary yesterday: "My beta results came in at 13...13!!!! I didn't think you could be a little bit pg. They want to retest on Wednesday, but I am feeling pretty hopeless. This was our last chance to have a baby that was biologically related to one of us (DH.) Now we have to hope the donor embryo list starts moving faster (we are currently number 6.) I was really hoping this was the one. SUCKS!" You can leave her a note on this post since she doesn't have a blog.
- Call for Action: As the Senate is debating the bill to fund all the health programs of the federal government, an amendment has been introduced that would add eggs, embryos and stem cell lines to the National Organ Transplant Act. This would mean that there could be no compensation offered for any of these tissues. Thus compensation for egg donors would be illegal. Please call your Senator today and tell them you care about infertility patients and urge them to vote against amendment 3389 from Senator DeMint to the Labor-H funding bill. You may reach your Senators through the Capitol Switchboard 202-224-3121.
- Chris at Love, Hope, and Faith is looking to connect with others who have used donated embryos. Please contact her via her blog (click on the hypertexted "Love, Hope, and Faith).
- Leave a wish. Support a wish.
- None Today.
- None Today--are you having a birthday or anniversary soon? Send the date to email@example.com to get it on the calendar.
- There was no heartbeat when Hope at Infertility and Hope went for the ultrasound. She is going soon for recurrent pregnancy loss testing. Please go over and give her support.
- Squarepeg was in a fender bender. She's okay, but the whole incident was not only a pain-in-the-ass, but a major frustration. Go over and give her a hug.
- Steinbockfrau received terrible news this week. She was participating in a shared egg program for IVF--not only to help another woman but to make IVF possible for herself--and in the stimming portion of the cycle when her cycle was abruptly canceled due to a positive Hep C test. The test is most likely a false positive since it has never come back positive before and she is in a low-risk group. But this has obviously affected her recipient who was doing this cycle with her. After much string pulling, she has been allowed to continue stims until her subsequent test results come back in case she can continue the cycle. She will know the results and the fate of this cycle tomorrow (Wednesday). Please go over and give her your support. She has removed the password-protection from her blog.
- Missy at Where the Road Takes Me has a question about betas and interpreting results. Please go over and answer her questions if you can. At the very least, let her know that you're thinking of her because she's terrified right now.
- It's a boy for A at A Somewhat Ordinary Life (no link--password protected).
- A positive and nicely rising betas for Elizabeth Unexplained. Go over and tell her congratulations.
- A positive pee stick at Quest for a Baby. Go over and tell her congratulations.
- Great betas at Baby Be Mine after a long haul. Go over and tell her congratulations.
- None Today.