Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- It's a celebration, though still tinged in sadness from the canceled cycle (both for Calliope and the egg recipient)--but Calliope at Creating Motherhood is healthy and the initial tests were wrong. A huge sigh of relief. She writes: "rage over a canceled cycle, sadness for the almost recipient, elation over not being sick, pissed off that I have to go through meds again, scared that I won’t respond at all, nervous that something else will find a way to get fucked up." Please go over and give her your good wishes.
- Vote on the books for the next few Barren Bitches Book Tours.
- A friend writes: "I had an u/s at the end of my 10th week that showed an increased nuchal thickness. I was referred to another specialist for a repeat u/s and a CVS the next week. The nuchal thickness was greatly increased. I got the results back from my CVS and the prelim report is that of normal chromosomes. I can't have a fetal echocardiogram until 15-16 wks at the earliest. Do you know of anyone else that has encountered this problem of increased nuchal lucency? I could really use someone who has had this w/ a normal pregnancy outcome. I have been checking the web and there is just not a lot of info out there. Unfortunately, no long-term studies looking at the outcomes of these kids (even the small % that are born morphologically normal)." If you have information or can point her in the direction of a blog or website, please email me at email@example.com and I'll connect you two.
- Trying...the "New-fashioned" Way (male factor)
- None Today.
- Just One Bean's hCG dropped. Bleeding hasn't started yet. Please go over and give her support.
- AMS from Our Own Creation is having gallbladder surgery today while 17-weeks pregnant with the twins and she's terrified. She writes: "I’m definitely on edge about tomorrow. It isn’t just me going into that surgery. It’s me and my two children, who can’t be seen and easily monitored. I know my doctor will be cautious and is experienced in this. I know she understands my fears and concerns in a very real way. There’s a chance that her husband will be my anesthesiologist and I would imagine that he would have a fairly good understanding as well. But I still can’t get past this heart-stopping fear." Please, please, please go over and give her a lot of love and support to read when she returns from surgery. And right now, keep her in your thoughts. I will have an update when I hear anything.
- JJ at Reproductive Jeans was diagnosed with MRSA Level 1 last week--unfortunately the spot where she had blood drawn for her IVF is the spot that got infected. She needs some moral support and any advice on anyone who has dealt with MRSA.
- Sunny Jenny at My Struggle with Infertility got a BFN after an IUI. Please go over and offer support.
- Baby Steps to Baby Shoes received a negative beta last week. Please go over and give her a hug.
- Trace at 1 Hardy Swimmer is in the 2ww for her 2nd DI IUI--go wish her good luck!
- Another 2 week waiter who could use your support: Pam at Baby Wanted: Apply Within transferred two embryos on the 10th. Please go over and wish her good luck.
- Rachel at Henry Street got a negative after dIUI #4 Please go offer some support.
- Dear, sweet Journeywoman received a negative after her IVF cycle. Please go over and give her a hug.
- Conceiving is Believing is waiting for her beta results and she's suffering from moderate OHSS. Please go over and give her some support while she waits.
- A positive for Road Blocks and Rollercoasters! Go over and give her congratulations.
- Lindsey at This Side of Pregnant gave birth to Emery Grace on November 9th. Mum and baby are doing well. Go over and wish her congratulations.