Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- A friend writes: "I had an u/s at the end of my 10th week that showed an increased nuchal thickness. I was referred to another specialist for a repeat u/s and a CVS the next week. The nuchal thickness was greatly increased. I got the results back from my CVS and the prelim report is that of normal chromosomes. I can't have a fetal echocardiogram until 15-16 wks at the earliest. Do you know of anyone else that has encountered this problem of increased nuchal lucency? I could really use someone who has had this w/ a normal pregnancy outcome. I have been checking the web and there is just not a lot of info out there. Unfortunately, no long-term studies looking at the outcomes of these kids (even the small % that are born morphologically normal)." If you have information or can point her in the direction of a blog or website, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll connect you two.
- Portia at Desperate to Multiply has a request: "I'd like to know if anyone else's husband/partner has been advised to inject FSH and LH to improve their sperm quality? My hubbie's levels of both hormones are low and the clinic recommended 3 months of injecting Menopur (a menotropin) for him. They're not sure if it will help but at this stage want to try everything possible!" Contact her via her blog.
- Leave a wish. Support a wish.
- Jenna at EpiBlog celebrated her birthday yesterday. It's not too late to go over and sing her a song.
- Journey to Junior went for retrieval yesterday and they were only able to get three eggs even though she was "maxed out on stims for 9 days." She receives the fertilization report today. Please go over and give her support and good wishes.
- Yesterday was transfer day and Brenda had 2 good looking embryos to transfer.
- Z could use some support. The doctors don't think she is ovulating and her progesterone numbers came back way lower than expected. There is a little bit of hope in this though because the last time this happened was when she found out she was pregnant with her daughter. Please go over and support her during the wait.
- Baby Dreams is still riding the u/s rollercoaster. After what looked like promising news, she is getting bad news again about the fate of this current pregnancy.
- Shazz at Baby Quest had a negative beta. Please go over and give her a hug.
- Dianne over at It's My Life is having a hard time dealing with everything - especially the fact that her Leah should have been dressed up for Halloween this year with Conner. Please go over and give her support.
- Ann over at A Brief History of You had an excellent u/s yesterday.
- None Today.