Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday's Connections Abound

Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at thetowncriers@gmail.com with any questions/concerns.

Lost and Found is open to anyone in the
infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.


Connections Abound


MISCELLANEOUS NEWS
New
  • And she's back! Beth has updated Prop Your Hips Up Afterwards and fixed the password situation. She writes: "Hi ladies! I am getting ready to start blogging again - we've had a lot of family stuff going on and I have been without a computer for almost 4 months. I just got a new laptop yesterday so hopefully I will be up and going again soon. Leah Catherine is doing wonderfully well and after some PTSD issues things are better with me. I didn't even realize my blog was password protected so I will go update that now. Thanks for thinking of me!" Welcome back, Beth.
  • Last day to sign up for the Unsung Lullabies discussion group on Living a New Life with Infertility.
  • Rebecca has questions about her day-3 blood work. Head over and let her know what you thin.
  • Barb from Fertility Challenged in Florida has a question: "I can find more info on private adoptions (though not on specific agencies), but I can't seem to find people who have adopted from the state without fostering. Is there anyone out there in blog land who has chosen this option? Would you be willing to share your experiences? We are really clueless right now and would love the help." Contact Barb through her blog.
Old
  • The L & F has sort of grown and grown and grown, which is great (obviously) but in order to put it together in a reasonable amount of time, I have to forgo writing back an email when people send me info. Which makes me feel like a huge bitch. So, this is my very public apology for not sending back a thank you note and acknowledging when I get an email before putting in information.
  • You've probably noticed that the Creme de la Creme is up...Adding many more to it daily therefore, I set up a box in the top left corner and when I add things to the post, I change the time and date.
  • Just because the holidays are over doesn't mean that shopping is over for the year. People still need gifts in life. Why not support your fellow stirrup queens and buy from Shop Mom or Pop? Shop thoughtfully this season and send on the link to anyone who wants to support the community by making their gift giving also make treatments or adoption possible.
  • If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
NEW BLOGS (started in December 2007 or January 2008)
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES: Celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me dates for January/February right now and I'll post them on the correct day.
  • Nessa's birthday is Sunday the 13th. Go over and sing her a little song.
LOSS ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • STE at So Dear and Yet So Far lost her twin boys at twenty weeks gestation one week ago. Please go and give this new blogger support.
MISCELLANEOUS SUPPORT AND CELEBRATIONS: Scary scans, anxious waits, OHSS, and a host of other reasons why these bloggers could use some additional support right now. Also, celebrations!
  • Just Me is looking to connect with others in her situation. She's trying for a second child after a difficult first pregnancy and has started working with a clinic (she's anovulatory). She has also experienced HELLP and is looking for other stories of having a second child after HELLP.
BEDREST BABES: on bedrest following infertility or loss and needing support. Drop in on them and keep them company.
PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • None Today.
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • Melissa at Amazing Journey adopted Caibry Faith. She was born on January 7th and she's gorgeous. Go over and wish her congratulations.

1 comment:

Drowned Girl said...

http://overhard.blogspot.com/2008/01/theres-no-happy-ending-for-me.html

An empty sac, after DE IVF abroad :-(