Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- The new Lost and Found list is up (scroll down or click here). The point is to help people meet face-to-face and get that additional level of support. If you don't see one in your area and wish to start one, send me the info listed in the directions.
- I work for Mother Talk and they just kicked off an online bookclub that is really cool AND I just found out that I get to moderate one of the salons. Yes, it is called Mother Talk, but motherhood is loosely defined as those who are parenting, those who have parented, and those who want to parent. You can catch me over there, talking about books, and if you like to talk about books too, come join along in the discussion. You can see what we're reading next and jump into the salon discussion immediately. There is a Single Parent by Choice book coming down the bend with Mother Talk. Will give a heads up before it happens this spring so everyone can read along. The book club is a great way to connect with authors, talk about books with others, and meet some cool people online.
- The L & F has sort of grown and grown and grown, which is great (obviously) but in order to put it together in a reasonable amount of time, I have to forgo writing back an email when people send me info. Which makes me feel like a huge bitch. So, this is my very public apology for not sending back a thank you note and acknowledging when I get an email before putting in information.
- You've probably noticed that the Creme de la Creme is up...Adding many more to it daily therefore, I set up a box in the top left corner and when I add things to the post, I change the time and date.
- Just because the holidays are over doesn't mean that shopping is over for the year. People still need gifts in life. Why not support your fellow stirrup queens and buy from Shop Mom or Pop? Shop thoughtfully this season and send on the link to anyone who wants to support the community by making their gift giving also make treatments or adoption possible.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES: Celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me dates for January/February right now and I'll post them on the correct day.
- Neenie is celebrating her birthday this Tuesday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Eggs in a Basket is starting a new IVF cycle this week after a long hiatus. Please go over and wish her luck as she kicks off this cycle.
- Nancy's cycle looks like it is about to be cancelled. Please go over and read her situation and comment on whether you've ever experienced or read about follicles not growing for two days and then continuing later. Give her support while you're over there.
- Lil Julie Bean is pregnant. Go wish her congratulations.
- Larisa gave birth to Elodie Claire on January 7th! Go over to see a cute picture and offer congratulations.