Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- A very cool idea: Living a New Life with Infertility is starting an online book discussion specifically for Unsung Lullabies, a fantastic book about coping with infertility. Go over to her blog to read more and sign up.
- Luck Doesn't Happen Twice is desperately seeking others who have dealt with falling Progesterone levels in the first trimester. Contact her via her blog.
- Sara has questions about embryo donation on her blog. Go over and answer them if you can.
- Debra Wallace, a reporter for Parents Express, a Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey monthly parenting magazine, is writing an article about the emotional and medical effects of miscarriage. She is interested in hearing from women and men about the best ways to cope with the tragedy of a miscarriage. She also wants to get a personal perspective on how having a miscarriage relates to fertility and where others can turn for help. If you are interested in sharing your experiences for this story, please contact Debra by January 26 to set up a 15-20 minute phone interview.
- The producers of the Tyra Banks Show are looking for women and men in the New York City area to share their experiences coping with infertility on an upcoming show. They are interested in hearing from both couples and women and men individually on how you've dealt with the emotional ups and downs of infertility and found inspiration to keep trying. The show will be taped on January 10 in New York City. If you're interested in sharing your story, please contact Kimberly Saunders at 646-638-5614 or email@example.com as soon as possible.
- Nancy has a cool post up right now looking for brainstorming in the creation of a tangible/visible way to show support for those choosing to be child-free after infertility/loss. Go over to her blog to join in on the discussion.
- You've probably noticed that the Creme de la Creme is up...Adding many more to it daily therefore, I set up a box in the top left corner and when I add things to the post, I change the time and date.
- Just because the holidays are over doesn't mean that shopping is over for the year. People still need gifts in life. Why not support your fellow stirrup queens and buy from Shop Mom or Pop? Shop thoughtfully this season and send on the link to anyone who wants to support the community by making their gift giving also make treatments or adoption possible.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
NEW BLOGS (started in December 2007 or January 2008)
- Jenni's Journals (religious/spiritual)
- The Young and Infertile (IVF)
- Everything Appears Normal (general IF, starting treatments again, international adoption)
- Mom-in-Waiting (adoption, IVF)
- MLO's first blogiversary is this Tuesday. She is also holding a contest from January 8th until February 8th. Go over and wish her congratulations.
MISCELLANEOUS SUPPORT AND CELEBRATIONS: Bed rest, scary scans, OHSS, and a host of other reasons why these bloggers could use some additional support right now. Also, celebrations!
- Discovering Me broke her ankle. She was holding her child when she fell down the stairs. Nat is okay, but Michelle broke her ankle in three places. Go over and give her some support.
- Paper Pregnant is getting a frustrating lack of information on Lily's adoption. Please go over and give her support.
- Kim is currently on bedrest at 29 weeks gestation. She could use some company.
- Baby Dreams received devastating news that the baby she lost had trisomy 10. Please go over and give her support.
PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENTSBIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Sara at Of Course You'll Get Pregnant on December 31st. Her name will be announced next weekend after her Simchat Bat. Go wish them congratulations!
- AMS gave birth to Zoe and Lennox on January 3rd at a little over 24 weeks gestation. Zoe is currently in the NICU and Lennox passed away on January 5th. Please leave good wishes for Zoe here.