Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- If you didn't know already, we set up a peer counselor list for infertility, pregnancy loss, and adoption last year. It's a really helpful starting point if you have a quick question on a certain topic. New people can add themselves at any time--just let me know (I need a name, email address, and which categories)--and we can always start new categories. The list is located on my left sidebar over at Stirrup Queens, above Operation Heads Up. All you do is click on a hyperlinked name and it should open up your email program and you can send them an email. Be sure to put Peer Infertility Counselor in the subject line so they know why you're asking the question.
- Two new stores being added to Shop Mom and Pop: (1) is Bad Taste Baby which are baby clothing versions of this thought: "While going through the roller coaster of fertility treatments, we started making fun of babies in a lighthearted way to help cope with the pain of not being able to get pregnant." Sales are funding their fertility treatments. (2) is Calliope's Cafepress space where you can buy IVP merchandise which help fund Calliope's upcoming FET.
- Calliope is planning a special remembrance day tomorrow. Please go over to her blog tomorrow morning to read more about it.
- Art-Sweet is encouraging a fundraiser for Erin from Jesus Was Not a Republican. The contest is going on for two more days.
- Questions: Life in the CatPad has a list of questions for her next cycle on her blog. Head over and give your thoughts.
- Meet the brand-new Clickers! Go see who is covering your category and thank them for passing along your news. Remember, you can always pass along your own news, but these people are clicking around, trying to make sure that someone who needs support or has a question doesn't fall through the cracks.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- First Comes Love (in the beginning)
- Thoughts from My Life (IVF)
- Where is that Special Water (in the beginning)
- Are We There Yet? (IVF)
- Empty Arms, Longing Heart (IVF)
- A certain man (named Josh) with an infertile wife (who writes Stirrup Queens) is having his birthday today. You may want to leave him a message here and wish him a happy birthday.
- There Must Be More Than Being Fond of Grief had final bloodwork to confirm the loss. There was no growth and no fetal pole. Please go over and give her a hug.
- Entrusted is having a lap tomorrow. Please go over to her blog and wish her good luck.
- Heidi at Little Bits o' Cracker failed her 1 hour glucose test, felt shaky after the three hour test, and had glucose in her urine. She's waiting for the results, but is feeling that she already knows the not-so-good news.
- Wishing. . . Hoping. . . And Praying found out that she has placenta previa and is a little scared. Go over and give her some support.
- Someone PLEASE, Knock Me Up's transfer was cancelled on her 4th IVF cycle because all embryos arrested. Please go over and give her a lot of love.
- The IF Journey had her first IUI this week. She's having a hard time with the wait this cycle. Please go keep her company.
- MyBabyQuest had one embryo transferred yesterday and one frozen. Please go over and wish her luck during the wait.
- Wizard of Ovulation just had her cycle canceled due to no follicle growth and her sister had a 2nd miscarriage. She could use some support.
- Io's husband is having surgery tomorrow--namely MESA--so go over and give them a lot of good wishes.
- Life After D&C just learned that she has a septum. Go over and give her a hug.
- A Taste of IVF Over 40 is moving on to her third IVF cycle.
- Susan at I'm an Ova-Achiever is on bedrest until her follow-up ultrasound on March 4.
- Swimmy Swim is home from the NICU.