Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday's Connections Abound

Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at thetowncriers@gmail.com with any questions/concerns.

Lost and Found is open to anyone in the
infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.

Connections Abound

MISCELLANEOUS NEWS
New

  • PenchancetoDream has a question: "Well….following on the heels of my miscarriage in December, I’m now in the process of miscarrying from a chemical pregnancy. Because of multiple cysts, we’re going to be doing a natural IUI cycle. I would love to know if anyone on the boards has had luck with a nonmedicated IUI cycle…." You can contact her via her blog.
  • Meg at On the Wrong Side of Statistics has a question about removing a septum. If you can answer her questions, head on over and give her your thoughts.
  • Katie from The Unlikely Life has a really great cause that she is currently fundraising for by participating in Great Strides: "On top of IF, I have Cystic Fibrosis, and I am currently registered as a team leader to participate in my local Great Strides walk. This is a fund-raiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in hopes to find a cure for the thousands of people (and new ones being born every day) that are afflicted with this disease. This is something I am hugely passionate about (for obvious reasons), and I have written a blog post (the direct url is http://katsbitsandpieces.blogspot.com/2008/02/great-strides-walk.html ) about the walk and asking people to consider sponsoring me and donating through my official and secure CFF sponsored web page. Although infertility is not my main reason for doing this, CF does affect fertility (both male and female). Of course donating is completely optional, I am just trying to let people know it exists. Thanks!"
Old
  • On the topic of movies, it is time for the 4th International Infertility Film Festival. The theme this time is "Finding Out, Letting Go, Realizing." The screening will be on the 29th of March. Let me level with you, I never made a film until Bea kicked my ass for the first festival and told me that there are simple programs out there for making movies. Ours are still frames of Microsoft Paint pictures pulled together in quick succession to create the illusion of movement, but you can also set a series of photos to music or grab the video camera and start interviewing people in the waiting room at your clinic. The choices are endless and Bea (as well as the IIFF site) is a wealth of information on movie making. So if you've been seeking a creative outlet, here is your chance to pull together an entry and enter it in the next IIFF. And go on to fame and fortune.
  • If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
NEW BLOGS (started in January or February 2008)
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES: Celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me dates for February/March right now and I'll post them on the correct day.
  • Barrenblog's birthday is today. Go over and celebrate with her.
LOSS ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • None Today.
MISCELLANEOUS SUPPORT AND CELEBRATIONS: Scary scans, anxious waits, OHSS, and a host of other reasons why these bloggers could use some additional support right now. Also, celebrations!
  • Six eggs survived the thaw and three fertilized! Go celebrate with Littleangelkisses.
  • Tashida is settling into a 2ww after a 3 day transfer. Go over and keep her company and wish her luck.
  • Journey to Baby has her first beta today after her IVF cycle. She could use some support and well-wishes.
BEDREST BABES: on bedrest following infertility or loss and needing support. Drop in on them and keep them company.
PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • Fantastic betas for Schatzi: 5dpt = 39, 7dpt = 181 and 10dpt = 547. Go wish her congratulations.
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • None Today.

4 comments:

bleu said...

Neenie's sister on I think we made a nugget posted

"This is Neenie's sister...SWIMMY IS COMING, SWIMMY IS COMING! And that's all I know."

Yahooo

Delenn said...

Swimmy Swim is born!

Neenie's sister has updated the site with more info.

Helen said...

Akeeyu's babies (Her Very Own) have arrived.

Anonymous said...

Mel,
Please consider adding my blog to your list under new. I started blogging in January. My main topics are infertility and premature birth.
Thanks!
Kelly Damron
www.twinpeas.com/wordpress/