Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Tonight starts the International Infertility Film Festival (IIFF). Movies start screening tonight (since it is technically Saturday in Oceania/Asia when it is Friday night here). There are movies to watch and voting to commence.
- Team On the Road continues to truck along. I cannot thank enough those who have donated or posted the code for Team On the Road. We've currently raised $887! If you would like to help with our March of Dimes fundraising, read this post and join along. There are at least five things you could do!
- Food for Thought: a very powerful read from Mrs. Spit Spouts Off.
- Question: Mommy Someday? has a question about protein and blood they found in her urine as well as weight gain during pregnancy. She has to wait the whole weekend for urine test results. Go over and give her peace of mind if you can help.
- Missing Blogger: Sunny Jenny asks, "Does anyone know what happened to Jenny From the Infertility Block?" If you have an answer, you can post a comment here for others who are wondering too or contact Sunny Jenny through her blog.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES (celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me date at any point and I'll post them on the correct day)
- Cupcakes and Conundrum's husband is turning 27 on Sunday. Go over to her blog and sing him a little song.
Wednesday was William Henry’s due date at Where to Go From Here? She’s also asking for people to do good deeds in William Henry’s name and let her know about them.
- Natalie at Relaxing Doesn't Make Babies got word that Devin passed away from strangulations of the umbilical cord by an amniotic band. It is an extremely rare cause of neonatal death and she and her husband are having a hard time coming to terms with this diagnosis. She could use some support.
- The doctors found more tumours in Max and treatment will probably include chemo, radiation, and/or surgery. Vee and Max are still waiting for more biopsy results. Please go over and give Vee a hug.
- Retrieval today for Nancy. Please go over and give her good thoughts this weekend.
- Please go leave a comment for Nikole wishing her well--she can read email but not respond due to the IV in her hand. Baby Lust has been admitted to the hospital for the duration of the pregnancy due to heavy bleeding.
- IF This Works got her period at the end of this IVF cycle. Please go over and give her a hug.
- The Holmes' New Addition had a single-embryo transfer of a beautiful blastocyst on Wednesday! She'll find out soon of any of the remaining 8 blasts made it to freeze.
- Trish at Fertile Hope has to have surgery to remove a lump in her left breast, she is currently 16w6d. She could use some support as she looks for safe anesthesia options.
- Princess Shine Pages has a new foster child placement. Sweet Pea is a 10 week old baby boy.
- The Cezzar Joint lost her job last week during company layoffs. Go over and give her support.
- Our Little Penguin could use some extra support right now during the mourning process.
- The Shifty Shadow could also use some extra support right now during the mourning process.
- Adopting from Vietnam has finished her dossier. Congratulations!
- Ste at So Dear and Yet So Far is looking for prayers for her friend's husband. He is in congestive heart failure and he is having surgery today in the hopes to get him to a transplant.
- Our Own Creation could use some extra support today as she still waits for the autopsy report on Zoe. Go over and give her some love.
- All Roads Lead to Family is on modified bedrest too.
- After a small heartbeat scare, Digoxin Tattoo found that the baby's skull looked to be of normal shape and size. The baby does not have anencephaly. More test results today with the perinatologist but this was great news.
- It's a boy for Julie of A Little Pregnant.
- Emilie of Lemmondrops gave birth to baby Benjamin on March 26! Go over and wish her congratulations.
- I'm going to give you a hint of a great announcement coming up so that Artblog can give you the rest. Her little boy was born on March 25th. I'm going to hold off on telling you the name so that Artblog gets to tell you all the information when she returns home, but I wanted to let you know that everyone is okay and happy.
- Mandy and Eric at A Heart for Adoption are home with Cohen. E gave birth on March 21. Go over and wish them congratulations and keep E in your thoughts.
- Sarah from Our Journey is also home with her new son, Jonathan. Go over and wish her congratulations.