Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- We are a group of very smart men and women (okay, mostly women). And we have a member of our community who does not have insurance to do a FET, has given up jobs that could earn her significantly more money so she could take care of her grandmum, and does not have the luxury of a second income coming in through a partner. I can accept the limitations of our bodies--there are things beyond our control. I cannot accept the limitations of finances. Can we please place our heads together and fix this?
- Fundraiser: "Monday is the last day for the fund raising at The Twinkies. All you have to do is head over there and either click on the ad or place an order with Amazon through her referral link and Stacie will donate the March earnings to the Lennox and Zoë Simpson Memorial Fund to benefit neonatal research. Last update she sent me, we were right around $197!"
- Fundraiser: Everything is Under Control is passing on word about an Avon fundraiser where the proceeds go to Emmazing Grace. If you purchase Avon products, here's a great way to help.
- Question: The Happy Not-so-Newlywed needs advice about a friend situation. Go over and weigh in with your thoughts.
- Deal: Conceive Magazine sent over a code for getting this magazine at 40% off. Which is cool. So I'm posting it here: https://www.themagstore.com/
- Food for Thought: really interesting post from Mrs. Spit's husband (Mr. Spit) who is also speaking about how men process grief and are ignored after a loss.
- Team On the Road continues to truck along. I cannot thank enough those who have donated or posted the code for Team On the Road. We've currently raised $987! If you would like to help with our March of Dimes fundraising, read this post and join along. There are at least five things you could do!
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Shannon's POF Adventures (POF)
- The Therapist is In (in the beginning...)
- Baby, Borneo, or Bust (over 35 and ttc)
- Dr. Grumbles I Presume (new home of an old blogger by another name...)
- We missed Shannon's birthday last Friday. Go over and wish her a happy birthday.
- We also missed J's birthday over at Cheese and Whine last Friday. You can still go sing her a little song.
- None Today.
- A terrible weekend: Stacie lost her father. He was killed in a car accident on his way to visit the babies. Please go over there and give her support.
- Somehow, Someway also had a loss last week. Her husband's uncle committed suicide on Friday. Please go over there and support her as well as answer this question: "when you've lost someone, what are some things that someone else did for you during your grief that really stands out as truly being helpful or comforting (As well as the things that were not helpful so we can be sure to avoid them)?
- Jen's grandmother died last Friday as well. Please go over and give your support.
- The ART of Being Infertile is having an ectopic pregnancy. Please go over and give her a hug.
- The Maybe Baby got a negative after this last dIVF cycle. Please go over there and tell her terrible jokes instead of giving her hugs. The more terrible, the better.
- Option one worked for Shawn and they were able to do the less invasive procedure. Stacie is still reeling from the loss of her father this weekend and could use extra support right now as Shawn recovers.
- Teamwinks started her first IVF cycle this week. Go over and wish her good luck.
- They were able to fertilize six of Sunny's 10 eggs therefore, she has six totsicles waiting for her when she can proceed with transfer. She continues to be with her family. Her mother begins chemo on the 7th and she asks that you send your prayers.
- Stephanie at The Impatient Patient had her first IVF cancelled due to poor response. Please go over there and give her a hug.
- Please go over and wish Cece good luck for tomorrow--it's her beta!
- The Anguished Corn also goes in for her beta tomorrow--go wish her good luck too.
- Please continue to give support to Busted Babymaker--her husband went back to work today and she is processing the loss alone at home.
- One Good Egg is getting ready to start IVF and could use a hug.
- New job for The Quest for Baby Agosti and her IVF cycle is rockin' too.
- 12 eggs fertilized for This IVFing Life!
- When Sarah Laughed started a new IVF cycle and after a hard week, she could also use some good wishes.
- Which Way to Baby is having a stressful beginning to this pregnancy and could use some extra support right now.
- Nobaby Lane starts stimming this Wednesday. Go wish her luck with this IVF cycle.
- Maybe If You Just Relax has her retrieval tomorrow. Go wish her good luck.
- Beaten But Not Bowed was admitted to the hospital for high blood pressure and visual disturbances. She hates hospitals and would appreciate any comments and good wishes.
- All Roads Lead to Family is on modified bedrest too.
- It is a boy for Julia at I Won't Fear Love, which is scary due to her original predictions, but she is in a place of peace right now.
- Continuing excellent beta for My Face Tube.
- Twins for Our Infertility Journey!
- A boy for Digoxin Tattoo as well.
- Twins also for Maybe Baby!
- It's a girl for Baby Moxie.
- The Trying Game is at the halfway point.
- Artblog made her announcement, so I can now tell you that his name is Dan and he looks like pure love. Click over to see some photos.
- Lyla is here! Cibele at So I Wait for You... went on bedrest this weekend and finally delivered Lyla on March 30th. Go over and wish her congratulations.