Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Question: Schatzi is looking to connect with women who have carried quads or quints... specifically information about perinatologists that specialize in such high-order multiples. She has found one in Arizona, but would be interested in any other recommendations, especially west of the Mississippi. Head over to her blog if you can help.
- Question: Io would like to know about shared egg programs. She writes: "If anyone knows of a shared cycle program where you can donate eggs for a reduced cost cycle, I would love to know about it. I know about Cooper, but with the cost of staying in a hotel there is still
going to make it fairly expensive. And the Institute for Reproductive Health in Cincinnati is very expensive still. So I'm still hoping that there will be another one out there." Contact her through her blog if you have information.
- Thank You: Msfitzita has a thank you on her blog for everyone who did a random act of kindness in Thomas's name. It is not too late to still do a random act of kindness and let her know how her son is still affecting the world.
- Non-IF: Clever Blog Name Here is holding a fun blog contest right now of posting your most embarrassing pictures. It's really funny and many IF bloggers are participating.
- I have added a few new features on the Lost and Found this week.
- First and foremost, if you have upcoming things that you want announced, you can send them at any time with the date for posting. I started a new online calendar so you can send your birthday months in advance--it doesn't matter anymore. In other words, as you think of things, send them: a birthday in August, a blogoversary in September, surgery scheduled for the beginning of April, etc.
- Second of all, I have started a new category called Loss Remembrances. This can be any type of loss (unnamed baby, child, partner, parent, sibling, friend)--any time that you need extra support and want a person remembered by the whole community. Again, you can send these dates at any point along with names or any other information you want posted (please include the url for your blog) and I will put them up at the correct time. In Judaism, we have a candle we light on the day we honour the person. Traditionally, we light it on the death day, though I know many people who choose instead (regardless of the traditional rules) to light it on the person's birthday because they would rather remember the person's life than death. What I am trying to say is that it is up to you to choose the date or dates. Just let me know when you would like the community to remember with you.
- Lastly, I added the tag line "read and support" because it's not just reading the news; it's also about clicking through and answering questions or giving support or congratulatory words. You may not be able to hit everyone on the list, but pick a few each day. If everyone does this, the love gets spread around.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES (celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me date at any point and I'll post them on the correct day)
- Christina at My Life is celebrating her birthday on Thursday. Go over and sing her a song.
- Mia from Mommy 2 Miracles would have been four years old yesterday. Please go over and support Z as she remembers.
- A Few Good Eggs is having a hard time with this loss. Please go over and support her--but no "sorry."
- Great fertilization report for Miss E--they have six embryos and are waiting to hear which day for transfer.
- Baby Dreams had her retrieval yesterday.
- Denise from Freezer Buns is having her FET today (and if you go over to her blog, the best version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" starts playing). It was a really anxiety-inducing cycle and she could use the extra hugs and good wishes right now.
- Empty Uterus Syndrome had 9 eggs fertilize!
- My Face Tube is triggering tonight and going for retrieval on Friday. Go wish her good luck!
- Please Give Me Back My Heart is having a hard time and could use a hug. Hannah would have been three months on Friday.
- Life After D&C has her hysteroscopy scheduled for tomorrow. Go wish her good luck.
- Dee got an MTHFR diagnosis yesterday and is seeking a new RE.
- Susan at I'm an Ova-Achiever is now on modified bedrest after a great appointment.
- All Roads Lead to Family is on modified bedrest too.
- Two lines for A Journey of Hope.
- Maybe Baby is pregnant with a beta to prove it.
- Which Way to Baby is pregnant for the fifth time. She is cautious after her previous losses, but quiet congratulations are still in order.
- January One had her daughter Meli yesterday on March 11. Go wish them congratulations.