Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Need a Distraction: Bee in the Bonnet is holding a contest of what you would eat at your last supper. It's a great distraction so go over and enter.
- Request: Twin Peas is discussing cost saving measures with an insurance company in regards to infertility coverage and is seeking information about treatment coverage. She has a list of questions she needs answered on her blog. Please go over and help her out.
- Question: the first of two questions about preventing preterm labour--All Roads Lead to Family has a series of questions of things she can be doing at home to prevent the onset of labour. Please go over there if you can help.
- Question: the second of two questions about preterm labour--Trying has had pelvic pressure and abdominal tenderness for a week. She went to see her OB yesterday and it turned out that she was experiencing preterm labor. Cervix is still hard and closed (via manual and u/s check) and is not funneling. Baby's HB was good and the fluid looks good. Her doctor prescribed nifedepine (10 mg every 12 hours) to stop the contractions
and bedrest until Monday. She is seeking additional info on preterm labour in order to be a good advocate for herself right now.
- Question: Rachel at Henry Street is looking for advice on seeing a baby at an upcoming family event. Go to her blog to weigh in with your opinion.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- IF This Works (IVF)
- Mothering My Miracle Multiples (parenting after IF)--a new space for an old blogger
- Baby Steps to Baby Shoes celebrated her third wedding anniversary yesterday.
- Christina at My Life is celebrating her birthday today. Go over and sing her a song.
- None Today.
- Thoughts From My Life's hCG is dropping. Please go over and give her support.
- Scarlett's Haven is also experiencing a miscarriage--her 4th. Please go give her a hug.
- How to Get From 0 to Pregnant in 365 Easy Steps is going through a loss as well. Please go over and give her support.
- Meg from the.para.graph has decided to stop writing her blog--either for a long break or permanently. Please go over and say goodbye as well as leave your email address if you want to be notified if she starts a new blog.
- Square Peg Round Whole is a bundle of nerves as she waits to hear how many of her 14 embryos are still progressing. Please go over and sit with her as she waits.
- Retrieval tomorrow for IF This Works. Go wish her good luck.
- Baby Wanted Apply Within is on day 1 of the 2ww after their FET… pop in and say hello.
- Retrieval this morning for Infertility Sucks!
- Ste at So Dear and Yet So Far remembered she should have been 30 weeks, 4 days yesterday - and is having a hard time reading the blogs of women who are about in the same time range as she should have been now.
- Tina's husband has two job interviews coming up and they could really use the extra good wishes. Drop in and give good thoughts on her blog.
- Sarah at Our Journey and her husband have traveled to the expectant mother's home state in anticipation of the baby's birth in the next few days. They will be meeting with the expectant mother and her family today and could use some support.
- Melissa at So...This is My Life is having a hard time right now and could use a little company.
- Trying is on bedrest until Monday following a preterm labour scare.
- Susan at I'm an Ova-Achiever is now on modified bedrest after a great appointment.
- All Roads Lead to Family is on modified bedrest too.
- Rian's ultrasound is tomorrow at 6 weeks. Go over and wish her good luck.
- Our Infertility Journey received a great beta: 724! And her next one was 1624.
- It's a boy and a girl for (Un)busted Babymaker--their level 2 u/s looked great.
- Money Sucking Uterus received a positive last week and a great beta on her second DE cycle.
- Andie at The Conceivable Future has a second faint line and is very nervous. Please go over and give her support and a quiet congratulations.
- None Today.