Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Miss Conception and Andrea: a very public thank you. Your words mean a lot and comments like that make all the time compiling this worth it.
- Helpful: Adventures in Infertility has a post about preparing pets for a baby.
- Question: Nancy at TheNewLifeofNancy has a question, "I need to find out if anyone else had all their embryos frozen IMMEDIATELY upon fertilization (obviously due to a cancelled transfer cycle). I was told that they do this because they survive thaw better at this point, they are less fragile than blasts. Has anyone else had this happen to their embies? If so, what was your thaw survival rate?" Please go over to her blog if you can answer.
- Question: Rachel asks, "Monica from A Pregnancy After a Stillbirth seems to have gone password protected. Does anyone know how to get in touch with her?" Email Rachel if you know.
- Final Countdown to the International Infertility Film Festival (IIFF). Movies start screening this Saturday.
- Please consider sponsoring Team On the Road for the March of Dimes walk this spring. Read the story here or make a donation here. If you work in a big office and want to spread this around and send the link to others, nudge family and friends into giving to the March of Dimes, it would be much appreciated.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES (celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me date at any point and I'll post them on the correct day)
- None Today.
- Yesterday was the third anniversary of Zee's due date. Please go over and give her support.
- Yesterday was Zach's estimated due date. Ann is very nervous as she approaches her next ultrasound. Please go over there and give her good thoughts.
- Another terrible loss, Busted Babymaker lost the Doodles at 23 weeks due to placental abruption. Doodle A was born still and Doodle B died shortly after his birth. Please go over there and give her a lot of support.
- Kim's (from A Someday Mom) grandmother died yesterday. Please go over and give her good thoughts.
- Infertility SUCKS lost her grandfather. She goes in for a beta this week so she could use some extra support too.
- CDE is still grieving deeply after the loss of his children. As he points out in a recent post, people ask his wife how she is doing all the time, but no one remembers to ask the man. So please go over there and give him support.
- Bec at Crazy Lady Ramblings has had transfer canceled for the second time and is in a lot of pain at the moment. She could really use some support.
- Transfer yesterday for Life From Here for her FET. All three embryos survived the thaw.
- Transfer this morning for Our Family Beginnings. Five embryos--two of them gorgeous.
- Destination Baby got a negative after IUI #4. They are starting their first IVF next cycle-please offer support!
- Char's Chit-Chat is moving quickly through the adoption process in South Africa and could use your good wishes.
- Please go over and give Nancy a lot of support. She is heartbroken after this canceled cycle.
- Heeeeeeeeere Storkey, Storkey could use your support as Shawn goes in for another surgery tomorrow. His shunt is only draining on the right side. The left side has even more fluid than it did when we went in last week. Please give Stacie good wishes for Shawn's surgery.
- The Quest for Baby Agosti is on CD1 of her next IVF cycle. Go over and give her good wishes.
- Susan at I'm an Ova-Achiever is now on modified bedrest after a great appointment.
- All Roads Lead to Family is on modified bedrest too.
- One Long Yarn had a bleeding scare yesterday and is on rest for a day or two.
- Everyone Has a Story had a great ultrasound.
- Portia had a great ultrasound! Her "passenger" is looking more like a baby!
- Breakfast in Bedrest had her baby on March 21st. Go over and wish her congratulations.