Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- This is the 149th post of the Lost & Found. Which means that Monday is the 150th post. That feels like a milestone, right? I'm throwing the little L & F a virtual party. Since this current post is up all weekend, send a little note of love and support to a fellow blogger through the comment section. And then come back to read them some time before the afternoon on Monday. I will start with this message of love: I want to thank all of the Clickers. You wonder how the Lost and Found gets created each day? It gets created due to these chickies. So if you are grateful that you received support or an answer to your question, please look down the list and see who has your section of the blogroll and then leave them a love comment directly on their blog or in the comment section below.
- U.T.E.R.U.S. update: the first round of auctions is underway. We'll know some time next week where we stand financially but where things stand now, we've made over $260 if all auctions closed today. And they aren't closing today. They're closing in over a week. So...that's pretty damn cool since most people wait towards the end of an auction to bid.
- U.T.E.R.U.S. update from Helen: An explanation for why things are listed at UK eBay: The bidding is actually open for everyone in the world. The money for all of the items is being bid in pounds, so that when we transfer the money to Calliope she’ll get more “dollar for the buck” than if we’d raised money in dollars because currently the pound is much stronger than the dollar. If you’ve donated an item for the auction then you will be reimbursed for your shipping costs – what we can do is when you ship it, let me know the cost and I will PayPal the shipping money to you. We tried to set shipping costs to reflect this idea and we also listed first at UK eBay because they had a special on Thursday where people could list their items without a charge.
- Non-IF Question: Help out Dianne: "I am in desperate need of new jeans. And the ones I swore by (J. Cr*w) are no longer working or that they are just worn (too many washes). But, since the internet has helped me in the past, I thought I'd ask you all. What are your favorite brands for jeans? Especially if you are 5 feet 9 inches, average weight, with no hips, and plenty of butt (baby got back!)."
- Team On the Road continues to truck along. I cannot thank enough those who have donated or posted the code for Team On the Road. We've currently raised $1158! If you would like to help with our March of Dimes fundraising, read this post and join along. There are at least five things you could do!
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Trying to Become Pregnant with PCOS (PCOS, pg loss)
- None Today.
- Saturday is Devin's unfulfilled due date. Natalie and Den will be planting a tree that day and it would be wonderful if you could give them little seeds of support in the form of words.
- Infertility and Hope lost her grandfather-in-law last weekend. Please go over and give her a hug.
- After a scary bleeding episode, things are okay with The Duchess. But please go over there and give her support as she rests.
- Antigone Lost had something really shitty happen yesterday--her ob/gyn just drop her and now she can't get the medical records she needs for appointments scheduled for today and Monday. Please go over and give her a hug.
- Luna is in a terrible space right now--a negative on her final cycle. Please go over and give her support.
- I'm a Smart One and her intended parents received a negative today as well. Please go over and give her a hug.
- Lianne at My Soul Quest had a successful surgery. Her left tube was removed and endo cleaned up. Go over and keep her company as she recovers.
- Mean Mama (originally BlogPicchiPacchi) is on bedrest at 28 weeks. Go over and keep her company.
- Schatzi is on "increased rest" and will most likely be on bedrest for a large portion of her pregnancy.
- All Roads Lead to Family is on modified bedrest.
- Or, Life is a Bed of Roses is on bedrest for a week due to a torn placenta.
- Barb at I Dream of Baby just got a BFP after her first IVF cycle.
- It's a boy for I'm an Ova-Achiever.
- Excellent second beta for Miss E.
- Excellent second beta also for The Anguished Corn.
- Gas Passer is pregnant too! A great beta today.
- Red Beans and Rice Noodles is in Hanoi! More updates to come.
- Go wish Anna congratulations. Stella and Xavier were born yesterday, April 3rd.
- It's a girl for Latest News! They have been matched with a 6 month old little girl named Luhu. They are getting additional info and pictures from the agency this afternoon.