Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- U.T.E.R.U.S. update: The US eBay account is now up and running, though for some reason, it's slow to publish uploaded items. In the meantime, we have about 40 items listed at UK eBay. We've made over $746 if all auctions closed today. And they aren't closing today. Add the $645 in direct donations and Cali is over a third of the way to her goal.
- Question: Perchance2Dream is at a fork in the road and "all doors seem to be moving farther and farther away. This cycle is, I believe, not going to end well, there are issues with our clinic’s IVF grants (the funds are stalled by the state) and my doctor only wants to do one more IUI. I’m praying that maybe someone might be able to give me some direction or a path to follow…" Please go over and read her blog to get a better sense of the situation and give her some advice.
- Question: Into the Rabbit Hole has some questions about Down syndrome risk, nuchal fold measurements, and amnio. She is scared of amnio but needs some reassurance about the numbers she received for the Down syndrome risk.
- Connection: On the Homefront... is looking to connect with other military wives. I know you guys are out there. Her husband is coming home from Iraq soon (he left when their son was two weeks old and he's now 10 months). Please go over to her blog and give her support.
- Team On the Road continues to truck along. There are now three teams walking in honour of Lennox and Zoe: Stirrup Queens, My Perky Ovaries, and In Search of Biscuit 2.0. I cannot thank enough those who have donated or posted the code for Team On the Road. We've currently raised $2471! If you would like to help with our March of Dimes fundraising, read this post and join along. There are at least five things you could do!
- Join Us: If you'll be in D.C. this weekend, come join The Order of the Plastic Uterus.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Definition of Insanity (IVF)
- Life after D&C is celebrating her birthday this today. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Weebles Wobblog is celebrating a blogoversary tomorrow. Go over and wish her congratulations on a year of posts.
- Saturday would have been Stacie's father's birthday. Instead, it will be his memorial service. Please go over and give her support.
- I Thought Unicorns Were a Myth is also remembering the starting point of her first IVF cycle.
- This is the four months anniversary of Gabriel's loss at Spitter's Musings.
- Sassy has lost another one of the quints. She now has a healthier triplet pregnancy, but is sad nonetheless because a loss is a loss.
- Tomorrow is Ann's ultrasound and it has been a major source of stress due to her first loss. Please go over today and wish her good luck for tomorrow.
- Things are not going well after Shawn's last surgery. Please go over and give Stacie support.
- The Quest for Baby Agosti had three of her six eggs fertilize. Go over and wish her good thoughts for transfer.
- The New Life of Nancy will be doing her FET cycle (cross fingers) at the beginning of May.
- So Dear and Yet So Far is having a hard time and could use some extra support.
- Kathy received terrible news at her last appointment. Molly will most likely be delivered by c-section later this week. Please go over and give her a lot of support.
- Road to Adopt could use support as the expectant mother decided to parent and she is back in the waiting pool.
- Life Without Caden received the autopsy results today. She found relief in finding out what was wrong and that Caden passed peacefully.
- Two weeks of strict bedrest for Babylust. Go over and keep her company.
- Tracy is back on bedrest after the tear in her placenta became bigger. Please go over and give her support.
- Life As a Sandwich is on bedrest this week due to placental abruption (though she is now home from the hospital). Go over and keep her company.
- Mean Mama (originally BlogPicchiPacchi) is on bedrest at 29 weeks. Go over and keep her company.
- Schatzi is on "increased rest" and will most likely be on bedrest for a large portion of her pregnancy.
- All Roads Lead to Family is on modified bedrest.
- When All Else Fails... is on bedrest due to a shortened cervix.
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Adrienne at Max's Mommy gave birth on April 2nd. Go wish her congratulations.
- Grateful Always gave birth to Lucas on April 7th. Go wish her congratulations.
- Loving Lily gave birth to Lily on April 4th. Go wish her congratulations.