Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- U.T.E.R.U.S. update: We're having some problems with the US eBay account hence why things aren't listed over there yet. Helen is currently figuring things out. In the meantime, we have about 40 items listed at UK eBay. We've made over $672 if all auctions closed today. And they aren't closing today. Add the $645 in direct donations and Cali is over a third of the way to her goal.
- Team On the Road continues to truck along. There are now three teams walking in honour of Lennox and Zoe: Stirrup Queens, My Perky Ovaries, and In Search of Biscuit 2.0. I cannot thank enough those who have donated or posted the code for Team On the Road. We've currently raised $2156! If you would like to help with our March of Dimes fundraising, read this post and join along. There are at least five things you could do!
- Question: JP at There Must Be More Than Being Fond of Grief has questions about C677T mutation of MTHFR. Please go over there if you can answer.
- Good Cause: For the St. Louis area: Invite all of your friends and family to dine at Chevy’s (the St. Louis Mills or St. Charles locations) on Monday April 14th any time between 4-9pm and up to 20% of your bill will go to support Share Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support! Click here to view and print the flyer you’ll need to bring to make sure the money goes to Share! The mission of Share Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support, Inc. is to serve those whose lives are touched by the tragic death of a baby through early pregnancy loss, stillbirth, or in the first few months of life (from No Minivan).
- Join Us: If you'll be in D.C. this weekend, come join The Order of the Plastic Uterus.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Mommypause (adoption)
- Matthew and Kim (great adoption blog that takes you step by step through adoption in Australia)
- Life after D&C is celebrating her birthday this Thursday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- None Today.
- Angie's daughter, Audrey, died a few hours after she was born. They have listed ways you can help here.
- Fertility Now is having a very early loss. Go over and give her a hug.
- Please go over and give Kathy support before her next appointment for Molly.
- Tales of an Infertile Woman had 13 eggs retrieved and 8 fertilized! Go wish her an easy transfer.
- Baby Steps FET is scheduled for Friday if all goes well with the thaw.
- Evil Clomid is having constantly pain on her left side so she is going to the doctor today. Go over and give her support.
- The Baby Chase had her transfer yesterday. They transferred three and have two frozen.
- Life After D&C is having an HSG on Thursday.
- I Think I Hear Your Mother Calling had a good appointment (though Manda is still screaming on the inside and could use your support) and they'll be doing TESE instead of TESA.
- Bee in the Bonnet is home and recovering after gallbladder surgery. Go over and keep her company.
- Two weeks of strict bedrest for Babylust. Go over and keep her company.
- Life As a Sandwich is on bedrest this week due to placental abruption (though she is now home from the hospital). Go over and keep her company.
- Mean Mama (originally BlogPicchiPacchi) is on bedrest at 29 weeks. Go over and keep her company.
- Schatzi is on "increased rest" and will most likely be on bedrest for a large portion of her pregnancy.
- All Roads Lead to Family is on modified bedrest.
- Mean Mama is having a boy!
- Susan found out this morning that after 10 years of trying that she is pregnant!
- Baby Quest is having scary bleeding episode at 5w though she received a good beta yesterday and will have a repeat on Thursday.
- Ultrasound tomorrow for Cece--go wish her good luck.
- Fertilized hit the 3rd trimester.
- None Today.