Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Women Kick Ass: Cali has met the minimum goal for her FET. We have cobbled
together $3000 for her FET and she is set to go in July. We're jumping up and down and screeching with excitement at U.T.E.R.U.S. Jen, Helen, and I cannot thank you enough for your hard work. What does this mean now? That we're going to take a break for a month
or two and collect our breath. Figure out what worked well and what didn't to streamline this process next time. Then, in June, we're going to brainstorm out the new recipient(s) for summer. It may be someone who simply doesn't have the final $500 they need for their international airline ticket for adoption or it may be someone who needs us to hold an enormous diaper drive to help cover the tushies of upcoming triplets. What needs to happen now is to keep reading and take note when you see someone who may have a need we can fill. I'll send out a call for suggestions via the listserv. If you're not already on, you can join at Join U.T.E.R.U.S. Thank you so much for helping. It's pretty amazing what women can do.
- Question: Barren Albion has a "what would you do" question on her blog today about friendships and IF. Go over and join the discussion.
- Question: My Perky Ovaries is holding a contest to name her family. Well, perhaps not actually rename them, but give them a blog name. Head over and give your thoughts.
- Quiz: Pamela Jeanne has up a quiz in a post AND a small poll on the sidebar. Please head over and answer her questions and see how widespread infertility is within the world.
- Face-to-Face Meeting: Detroit Metro bloggers are getting together.
- Last week to join: NaComLeavMo--National Comment Leaving Month (national refers to wherever you're living at the time...), this year's answer to the Commentathon.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES (celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me date at any point and I'll post them on the correct day)
- It's Ally's birthday tomorrow. Please go give her birthday wishes because she is having a hard week.
- I'm a Smart One's son, Jordan, turns 5 today! Go sing him happy birthday.
- Cece from Child Bearing Hips is celebrating her anniversary today. Go wish them congratulations.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- Letting It Out has been having trouble with her blood pressure and possible early pre-eclampsia. Please go over and give her support.
- KathyV's husband was admitted to the hospital after having pain in his left arm. They've ruled out a heart attack though he is following up with a cardiologist. He's now home and Kathy could use some good thoughts.
- Though the day 2 embryos didn't survive the thaw, the doctor thawed two of When One's Only Hope Fails's blastocysts and they were transferred to her surrogate. Please wish them luck with the wait.
- Losing the Baby Wait is almost finished with her adoption paperwork and profile and will be taking a trip this weekend to meet with the agency.
- Love Will Tear Us Apart's IVF probably did not work, so she will be taking an extended break after confirming the results.
- Mama Wannabe has 12 embryos that will undergo PGD today. Send good thoughts for healthy embryos! Transfer will be on Sunday.
- Journey to Junior triggered last night and will have her retrieval tomorrow!
- On Monday, Ashley from More than Just Dog Children received wonderful news! She and her husband were chosen by an expectant mother and they are expecting a boy in September!
- Bleu's retrieval is set for tomorrow. Please go over and give her lots of good luck!
- Mia, I'm a Smart One's IP, had 13 healthy embryos at the fert report. Go cheer on Mia and Kymberli!
- Communique's retrieval went well. They got 12 eggs!
- Trying is on bedrest due to gestational hypertension and low amniotic fluid.
- Tracy is on modified bedrest and will probably remain like this for the remainder of the pregnancy.
- Schatzi is on "increased rest" and will most likely be on bedrest for a large portion of her pregnancy.
- When All Else Fails... is on bedrest due to a shortened cervix.
- Geohde is on increased rest too as she keeps in the twins to 32 weeks.
- Crowded Uterus Syndrome is on bedrest.
- None Today.
- None Today.