Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The Face-to-Face Lost and Found page is permanently located beneath this current post. Old Connections Abound can be accessed via the date or subject archives listed on the sidebar. Check the submissions page, FAQ, and ways to get involved for additional information. Email me at email@example.com with any questions/concerns.
Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- I won Lori's contest, I won Lori's contest! I am briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilliant!
- I am currently trying out a recipe for chocolate hazelnut biscotti. The kitchen smells amazing.
- Question: Living a New Life with Infertility has a question about making a baby gift for a baby who will most likely not live long after birth. It is a question about logistics and sensitivity. Please go weigh in with your thoughts.
- Question: It Could Take 3 Months has a question about breastfeeding. If you can answer, head over to her blog.
- In the News: Very interesting article in the Daily Mail about a way to test embryos to see which have the best chance of implanting when returned to the uterus.
- In the News: Lovesbabyhopes had a front page story in her local paper.
- Good Information: Beth has a post about a site that offers a rebate on Lupron as well as great endo facts. She has links to the site on that post.
- Connection: Rebecca at Clumsy Kisses would like to connect with others who have lost a parent while trying to conceive. "One of the things that hurts the absolute most right now is that I never got to make my dad a grandfather. If things had worked out how we wanted, my dad would have known his grandchildren. I want to know if anyone else has got through this, and how. If they could email me - clumsykisses@giraffeonastick
.com- that would be good."
- Go forth and grab people: let's get more non-IFers to join NaComLeavMo--National Comment Leaving Month (national refers to wherever you're living at the time...), this year's answer to the Commentathon. Okay, more IFers too, but the non-IFers as well.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Tea and Secrets (endo)
- It is Luna's birthday this week. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Yesterday was Rachel's birthday. It's not too late to go sing her a little song.
- It was Lianne's birthday on Monday. It's not too late to go sing her a little song.
- Friday is It's Either Sadness or Euphoria's wedding anniversary. Go wish the congratulations.
- Thursday would have been Zak's second birthday. Please go give Brenda a hug.
- A Mending Heart? is remembering Jessica who was born still one year ago yesterday. Please go over and give her a hug.
- Friday is the birthday of The Shifty Shadow's daughter, Maya, who died on May 21st. This is a hard period of time for B. Please go over and support her.
- Stitched Up is currently experiencing an early loss. Please go give her support.
- Give Some Love: Soapchick's friend was in an accident and she is collecting good thoughts to pass along to her as she recovers. Head over there and give Anne some love.
- Indisputable Topcat needs your support right now. She is due to give birth any day now and her husband was just diagnosed with cancer. He will not be able to be at the birth because they will be at different hospitals (he will be having surgery this week). Please go over there and give her a lot of love.
- Life in the White House is having a hard time right now between deciding what to do on the IF front and having her husband possibly going to work on a ship. Please go over and give her good thoughts.
- Yoka's father came out of surgery and is doing well! Please keep him (and Yoka) in your thoughts as he starts radiation and chemo.
- The Spirit of Magnolia received her FBI clearance to adopt from Peru! They're one step closer.
- Journeywoman's mother-in-law has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Please go give her support.
- Yesterday was Shelby's first day back at work. Go over and cheer her along.
- Trying is on bedrest due to gestational hypertension and low amniotic fluid.
- Elizabeth from The I Word is in the hospital and on bedrest with mild preeclampsia. Go over and keep her company.
- Leah at Tales from My Dusty Ovaries is officially on bedrest.
- Tracy is on modified bedrest and will probably remain like this for the remainder of the pregnancy.
- Schatzi is on "increased rest" and will most likely be on bedrest for a large portion of her pregnancy.
- When All Else Fails... is on bedrest due to a shortened cervix.
- Geohde is on increased rest too as she keeps in the twins to 32 weeks.
- Crowded Uterus Syndrome is on bedrest.
- It's twins for Dear Gherkin.
- Mrs. Spock had Peanut (henceforth known as Jonah) on May 1th. Go over and wish her congratulations.