Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Grab It: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Pregnancy has created a gorgeous badge for NIAW (National Infertility Awareness Week). Go to her blog if you want the code.
- I'm not familiar with this organization, but it sounded like good information to place on LFCA. "New podcast now available (free) about insemination, especially useful for the woman who is working with a known or directed donor, considering using fresh or frozen sperm, debating between IUI and vaginal insemination, attempting to detect her ovulation, or even wondering if orgasm will enhance her chances of conceiving. Check out "At-home insemination: Everything you want to know but might be afraid to ask," a Choice Moms interview with Kristin Kali of Maia Midwifery and Preconception Services, at: http://choicemom.libsyn.com/." Also, "Single Mom? Or want to be a Single Mom? Don't miss the important Choice Moms event in New York City, October 4 and in San Francisco/Oakland, November 8. Register today for key issues you need to know and people you need to meet. Learn about conceiving or adopting on your own....how to address the daddy question....how to thrive....and how to enjoy the ride. Free childcare provided. Pre-registration required at http://www.ChoiceMoms.org."
- The next 100 Words Project is up on the Bridges site. The theme for October is Love. Please participate--the one for September 11th was amazing. The deadline is October 2nd.
- Bridges continues to post daily. And it continues to be an amazing resource for insight into a multitude of worlds. And I'm not just saying that because I work on it.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES (celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me date at any point and I'll post them on the correct day)
- It was Niobe's birthday on Friday. It's not too late to go over for a slice of cake.
- None Today.
- Elm City Dad lost his son, Silas, in childbirth this weekend. Please go over and give them comfort.
- Sara at Gas Passer is back in the hospital due to contractions and preterm labor and on Mag Sulfate again. Things are holding stable for now. Go over and give her support.
- Janna from Heartstrings has just met O for the first time and is waiting for her stepsister to sign over her parental rights so they can start the adoption process.
- In Due Time completed her 700th post AND her big move. Go wish her congratulations on both.
- Rachel at Henry Street could use a hug.
- Mothering my Miracle Multiples could use some support right now. She writes of her husband, "So he has been having some chest pains and palpitations. He finally relented and went to the doctor. The doctor gave him an EKG and said it didn’t look “too bad”. But, the doctor wants him to have a stress test and wear a holter monitor for 24 hours so they can try to figure out what is going on." Go give them good thoughts.
- Ten Times Crazier is in the hospital on bedrest for contractions and her cervix is dilating. She will be in the hospital until 34 weeks or until the twins come.
- Gas Passer is on bedrest for the rest of her pregnancy.
- A Uterus Divided is on bedrest.
- Interrupted Wanderlust has been placed on modified bedrest due to low amniotic fluid with one of the twins.
- None Today.
- None Today.