Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday's Connections Abound

Welcome to today's edition of Connections Abound. The point to Lost and Found is to level the support playing field. When LFCA works correctly, the newest blogger with the smallest readership can receive the same level of support as the oldest blogger with the largest readership. Anyone can submit news to LFCA by clicking here.

Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.

Connections Abound

MISCELLANEOUS NEWS
New
  • Playing with Kirtsy yet again: I'm obviously going to be doing this for a while...how about voting for this one from Helping Make Sense? I found it to be incredibly moving and raw--it gives the larger world a sense of the emotions that come at the end of an IVF cycle. I think it's important for them to understand and I think it's important that Lisa receive more support. I swear I'm not trying to take over Kirtsy, but we're 7.4 million people in America alone (which is 12.5% of the child-bearing age population). I'd like to get some of our stuff out there. And I like Kirtsy. It's my new time-user. *Added: I just went on to Kirtsy and Angry Infertile's post was moved to the front page. So it does work to get the post a wider audience--and perhaps, in turn, more understanding in this world.
  • Invite Only: Samantha is switching to a new blog and will be making her other blog private. She will be posting on both blogs, so if you would still like to follow her, please email her at twizz161@yahoo.com or check out her new blog (A Dream Come True).
  • Question: Tammy is wondering if anyone has had genetic testing come back fine but still had issues with bad eggs.
  • Question: Lisa is in the 2ww for IUI #14 and is wondering "How did you decide between IVF and adoption?" Go over to blog if you can answer.
  • Question: Mo's husband Will is looking for input from men about how they've dealt with feeling left out during the IVF process (and from women about what they'd like to be getting from their men).
Old
  • Still playing with Kirtsy: how about voting for this one by the Angry Infertile?
  • The new IComLeavWe list opened and there is a way to do it even with Thanksgiving. Come join along and increase the comments on your blog.
  • Harriet the Spy is the current book club selection and everyone is invited to join along.
  • Bridges continues to post daily. And it continues to be an amazing resource for insight into a multitude of worlds. And I'm not just saying that because I work on it.
  • If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
NEW BLOGS (started in October or November 2008)
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES (celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me date at any point and I'll post them on the correct day)
  • Birds & Squirrels celebrated her 34th birthday yesterday. Go sing her a little song.
  • Alyson's husband Ford is celebrating his birthday today. Go over and have some cake with them.
  • Rebecca and Murray celebrated their three-year anniversary on Wednesday. Go and celebrate with them!
LOSS REMEMBRANCES (send in the dates of loss anniversaries and I will post them on the correct day)
  • This week is the week of remembering for Rebuilding Myself. November 11th last year is the day her water broke with Avery and Sophie. November 12th is the day they were born still. She could use a lot of support right now.
LOSS ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • None Today.
MISCELLANEOUS SUPPORT AND CELEBRATIONS (scary scans, anxious waits, OHSS, and a host of other reasons why these bloggers could use some additional support right now. Also, celebratory retrievals, transfers, and other good news)
  • Fertility Now goes in for a third beta today. Please go over and give her good thoughts.
  • Baby Smiling in Back Seat has her hystereoscopy this Friday. Go over and wish her well.
  • Baby Blues received a negative on her last IUI. They are now moving on to IVF.
  • Turia had an IUI on Monday. Go over and wish her well for the wait.
  • Boo and her husband just returned from Guatemala where they visited Avery. They are biding time while waiting to be out of PGN and are aching for their baby to be home with them. Please go over and lend some support as they wait.
  • Vacant Uterus could really use a hug and some words of support right now.
  • S.E. is having a rough time and could use a hug.
  • Onwards and Sideways finished her mock IVF trial last week and started BCPs yesterday for her DE IVF cycle. Please send her lots of positive thoughts and support!
  • Yesterday was cycle day one for Vee and Max's FET and their three year anniversary of TTC with assisted conception. Lots of good wishes and support are needed!
  • Smitty is a new(ish) blogger who has PCOS and whose husband has azoospermia, and are beginning the donor IUI process. Go over and give them support.
BEDREST BABES: on bedrest following infertility or loss and needing support. Drop in on them and keep them company.
  • CC at Inconceivable No More got a fetal fibronectin test and so is on modified bedrest for at least the next two week. Go keep her company.
  • (Not So) Evil Clomid is on bedrest and will be induced on Thursday.
  • Denise is on bedrest at home.
PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS AND NEWS
  • Thalia has her scan this Friday. Go over and give her good thoughts.
  • Bri of UnBalancedT is pregnant but nervous. Support needed!
  • We missed it - One More Week is pregnant. Go sing her a song of congrats!
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
  • Infertility To Parenthood welcomed her daughter, Addison, on November 7th. Go over and wish her congratulations.
  • Demeter's c-section is scheduled for today! More news when she posts.
  • Honey I Shrunk Myself is back to blogging after a long break (due to computer problems). In the meantime, she has given birth to a son, Benjamin, on August 27th. Congrats!
Read and Support

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit, didn't realize you publicized me! Coooooooooooool! heh heh :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding me as a new blog! I'm really excited to join the community (I've been reading along for months and months).
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't think anyone actually read my blog. Thanks for the birthday wishes! My birthday kind of sucked actually. The only birthday cards I got were from my mom (who sent two), my husband, and the in laws. Nobody else even sent me a card! Not my best friend, or sister. And I'm the card girl. I always send cards for things like new jobs and pets dying and for no reason at all, and I don't even get a lousy birthday card from 90% of the people in my life. Poo.

Lisa said...

Have I told you lately how awesome you are?!