Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from me. Hell yeah, I'm Kirtsying the Creme de la Creme list. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the link above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story.
- Did you see Paul Simon singing "American Tune" on The Colbert Report last night? I think it was a secret message to me. Not to be paranoid or a narcissist or anything...
- 42 people already on the The Creme de la Creme List. Are you?
- Ontario Bloggers: Passed along by Loribeth: "EXPERT PANEL ON INFERTILITY AND ADOPTION Ontario's Expert Panel on Infertility and Adoption is gathering information
from Ontarians who have an interest in, or experiences with infertility services and/or the adoption system.The panel is interested in hearing about your experience if you: * have sought or used help with infertility and/or adoption in Ontario
during the past 10 years OR * are a provider of these services OR * were adopted or donor conceived OR * have opinions you want to offer. A confidential survey can be completed on-line until December 15, 2008 at http://www.gov.on.ca/children/
english/infertilityAdoption/. Please Note: This survey is voluntary and anonymous and is being compiled by an external consultant using an external survey tool on behalf of the panel. Non-identifying results will be used to inform the work of the Expert Panel on Infertility and Adoption." index.html
- Project: KimboSue is hosting a Christmas ornament exchange. Visit her blog for details!
- Giveaway: Help Baby Smiling In Back Seat turn lemons into lemonade. She is looking for someone who will be going through a cycle soon and could use some good luck. Please nominate yourself or another blogger by Thursday night.
- Question: Life in a Holding Pattern writes: "I just had a VERY disappointing first visit with my new OB and I'm questioning if she's going to be able to give me the care that I need. Looking for advice...am I being hyper-sensitive and overly demanding to expect more than a quick once-over with my high risk pregnancy? Do I give her another chance, or is it best to cut ties before seeing her for another visit?" Stop by her blog to read about the visit.
- The IComLeavWe list will close soon and commenting will kick off on the 21st. This is your last chance to join along for November. Come join along and increase the comments on your blog.
- Project: Taking the Statistical Bullet writes: "I am starting a project of sorts on my blog. I want to do memorials for those who have lost a baby and/or experienced infertility. In a nutshell, every Monday, I will post a story about someone who has experience infertility and/or loss and would like support from our community. If they e-mail me their story (either as they would like it written or in snippets that I can rewrite into a more formal post), then I will post it and they will have recognition of their pain."
- Bridges continues to post daily. And it continues to be an amazing resource for insight into a multitude of worlds. And I'm not just saying that because I work on it.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES (celebrate your birthday or blogoversary with the community. Send me date at any point and I'll post them on the correct day)
- Cibele's birthday is this Thursday. Please go over and sing her a little song.
- It was Trying to Make 3's birthday yesterday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- It was JuliaS's birthday on Monday. Go eat some cake with her.
- Please stop by Sara's blog to give her a hug. It has been 1 year since her son Samuel was born.
- It has been one year since Katie's loss due to an ectopic pregnancy. Please go give her support.
- Mustard Seed Baby is going through an early loss. Please go over and give her support.
- Despite predictions from the REs, and after trying to cycle since mid-June, Dora's poor old ovaries have grown enough follicles to have a egg retrieval on Thursday.
- Emilie is in the hospital with a pulmonary embolism and fluid around her lungs. She could use some good thoughts.
- Lisa is worrying due to spotting 11 days after IUI. Please send some support while she waits to test.
- Danifred just learned she has been recommended for admission to a PhD program, but is still awaiting word on the grant she will need in order to attend. Congratulate her -- and keep your fingers crossed.
- Michell has her ER scheduled for Thursday the 20th.
- In the Conceivable Future had an excellent fert report: 13 out of 14 have fertilized!
- Emily's third IVF has gotten a rocky cycle. New clinic, new protocol, not so great results. She is hoping VERY anxious and emotional. Please go give her a hug.
- Melanie is starting IVF #3. Go and wish her good luck.
- Meredith's blood pressure is elevated and she is spilling protein in her urine - go give her a hug as she awaits the birth of Roomie in the next few weeks.
- NoSwimmers had her first dIUI since losing the girls. Please send her lots of good thoughts!
- StacyB would like insight into telling her child about her "high tech origins." If you have suggestions on when to tell or how, or can relay your own story, she’d like to know what you think.
- Silver's "fling everything at it" cycle ended in a BFN. She is currently dealing with health issues due to the cycle, including high blood pressure and heart palpitations. Hugs are needed.
- Leslie's IVF#1 was converted to IUI#3. Go sit with her during her 2ww.
- Wannabmomma had a BFN and could use some hugs and encouragement.
- Sara at Gas Passer is home from the hospital at last with their daughter Brynn!
- CC at Inconceivable No More got a fetal fibronectin test and so is on modified bedrest for at least the next two week. Go keep her company.
- Denise is on bedrest at home.
- Dee is on bedrest after Pprom at 13 weeks. She could use support as she helps her babies defy the odds.
BIRTH AND ADOPTION ANNOUNCEMENTS
- LisaMarie having a c-section today. Stop by to give her a hug, wish her luck and welcome her little girl. More details after she posts again.
- Becca at Brave China Doll gave birth to a boy on November 10th. Go over and wish her congratulations.