Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Baby, Interrupted. A post about the itch to offer out unsolicited advice even if you know how it feels to be on the receiving end of it. She writes a hypothetical response as an addendum to an actual email exchange. You'll laugh and then cry. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Question: Yesenia's World asks, "I wanted to know if anyone in this forum got pregnant from an IUI. I will have my second one next week."
- Um...not to toot our own horn, but one of our Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day choices was sent out yesterday in their newsletter as one of the top 5 posts in January (it was "To My Dear Friend on the Day After her Wedding"). 100% of our posts have made it to the front page of Kirtsy daily, which means they are seen by those outside the general ALI community. So please keep clicking because it's not enough to speak to the choir--you got to sing it to the general world too. And please keep sending me links. Click on the button under the header to read more about the project and pass links my way.
- Resolve: The Midwest Region of RESOLVE is holding its Annual Family Building Conference on Saturday, February 21st in Minneapolis. The conference includes: (1) FREE giveaway -- over $20,000 of prizes to be given away (including 2 IVF cycles, half off an adoption study, and much MUCH more!!), (2) 19 infertility and adoption workshops, (3) FREE expert advice from Reproductive Endocrinologists, Adoption Agencies, Alternative Therapy Practitioners, Attorneys, Psychologists and other fertility and adoption specialists, (4) Keynote speaker Michele Tafoya, one of the most respected reporters in television sports, will share her experiences with infertility and adoption, and (5) Largest conference of its type in the Midwest. For more information, please visit the Conference's page on RESOLVE's website.
- Opportunity: Paul Berger, a freelance journalist recently submitted a request for stories to the Miscarriage, Stilbirth, and Infant loss blog directory. He is... "researching a story for a national UK publication about how blogging helps mothers deal with the loss of a child. The purpose of the article is to highlight how blogs can go some way towards dealing with grief by providing an outlet for thoughts and feelings as well as building a support network via the larger blogging community." He can be reached via email at pdberger AT gmail DOT com.
- Creme de la Creme: The Creme de la Creme list was posted. I continue to add to it daily and update the date/time link on the right sidebar whenever there has been a change.
- Bridges continues to post and it continues to be an amazing resource for insight into a multitude of worlds. And I'm not just saying that because I work on it.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Adding a lot of blogs this weekend.
- In Ancient Starlight is celebrating her birthday on Saturday. Go sing her a little song.
- To Baby and Beyond is celebrating her birthday on Saturday too. Go eat a little cake with her.
- There's a Baby at the End of This, Right? is celebrating her third blogoversary today. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Reproductive Jeans is celebrating her blogoversary on Monday. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- On Sunday, JuliaS will be remembering Matthew Thomas on the 7th anniversary. Please go give her support.
- None Today.
- Cali's mother was laid off from her job at the absolute worst time possible. Please go over and give the family a lot of support.
- Jenni has some wonderful news to share--congratulations are in order!
- Sluggish Butterfly is having a hard time with the TWW and cabin fever. She could use some encouragement to help pass the time.
- Please go give Becky some hugs as she meets with newborn Amelia's neurologist for the first time.
- Emily's transfer is tomorrow. Wish her good sticky vibes and send her some hugs.
- Midlife Mommy's five embryos didn't survive the thaw. Please stop by and give her a hug.
- Elana had the cerclage and is now at home on modified bed rest.
- Heather is on bedrest for the foreseeable future after having a cerclage put in. Sweetpea is still doing great!
- G is home, but now on bedrest. Go give her some love as she cooks these babies a little longer.
- Sticky Feet had great betas--more than doubling. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- It's the little embryo that could? I'm a Smart One's beta is still low, but it doubled. She goes for another beta next week. Go send a lot of good thoughts.
- Baby K will be making his appearance on Tuesday, Feb 10th. Go wish Elaine well!
- My Journey to Mommyhood found out on Tuesday that Big Bird is going to be a boy!
- This One had her six week ultrasound and saw a good, strong heartbeat!
- Hydrangeas Are Pretty is home with their new 10-week old son! They will share his name on Feb. 11. Go wish them congratulations.
Read and Support