Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Creating Motherhood. In this day and age of people talking about what the government has done wrong, I loved this post which highlights what the government has done right in regards to state medical insurance. A beautiful post about accepting help and letting a village help in raising a baby. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Program Announcement: "The first annual Forever Families Weekend for Jewish Families Touched by Adoption will run June 12-14, 2009 at Camp Nah-Jee-Wah in Milford, Pennsylvania. The program combines Jewish summer camp activities with adoption-specific programming for the entire family. Attached is a press release and a flyer describing the program in detail. The camp webpage can be accessed directly at http://www.njycamps.org/
- Education: DoubleDelight has a series of posts about being an egg donor. She is trying to raise awareness and get people talking about egg donation.
- Forums: I started some loose forums that can be used to supplement LFCA (or...cough...stand in for LFCA on a day that I can't put it up such as Pesach. I'll give people a heads up beforehand so you know if I won't be posting and to use the forums for support). Everyone is welcome to join, in fact, you are encouraged to join because on non-LFCA days and weekends, this is the way to get support. I'm moderating the entrance to the boards on Ning just to make sure that it is joined by fellow members of the ALI community and not spammers. In other words, if I recognize your email address, no problem. If I don't, I'll send you a note (and you can be proactive and email me with either your blog name or the names of a few blogs you read) to check in before I approve you. And then jump into the conversation on the boards. My only request is that you choose a profile picture that does not contain a belly shot or a baby.
- Research: Managing The Sweetness Within is researching what to do when you're trying to conceive and in early pregnancy when you have diabetes. If you can contribute please drop by her blog to check out her list of questions.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- None Today.
- MeAndBaby is celebrating her birthday this Tuesday. Go over and eat a little cake with her.
- Mama Wannabe is celebrating her blogoversary this Tuesday. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- My Many Blessings is celebrating her blogoversary this Tuesday. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Managing the Sweetness Within is celebrating her birthday this Wednesday. Go sing her a little song.
- Andria and Co is celebrating her birthday early this week. Go sing her a little song.
- Miss Tori is celebrating her 200th post as well as her husband's birthday.
- Busted will be remembering the Doodles on their loss date this Wednesday. Please go give her support.
- Not the Path I Chose had a low beta and the RE thinks she's experiencing a tubal pregnancy. RE is recommending methotrexate - not her first go around with methotrexate. She could use some support.
- Sara at Gas Passer has decided to pursue surrogacy to add to her family. Go give some encouragement.
- Bee had her second IUI today. Go hang out with her while she waits it out.
- Heather is on bedrest for the foreseeable future after having a cerclage put in. Sweetpea is still doing great!
- G is home, but now on bedrest. Go give her some love as she cooks these babies a little longer.
- Hoping for Another Lovebug is on hospital bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Please keep her company. She has Internet access, though reading is easier than typing.
- Reba found out that her cervix is funneling and she is now on bedrest. Her next appointment is on Wednesday and she could use some support so that her little one hangs on as long as possible.
- Maybe Bébé got a first great beta!
- Blood Signs is still dancing around the room after her positive and high beta. Go wish her congratulations.
- Baby Smiling In Back Seat has seen two heartbeats!
- Shauna hasn't been blogging for a few months, but she got an unexpected call to adopt a child, born on Sunday. He has a cleft palate and will undergo surgery tomorrow, as Shauna and her husband start the paperwork. Go wish her luck with all of this and wish her congratulations.
Read and Support