Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from This is NOT What I Ordered!. A post about standing at the end of the road and coming to terms with seeing the edge of a journey. It's an ending that is posed to become a new beginning. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Forums: If you're not already on the forums, you may want to join before Friday night. We're doing our first test run of the open thread idea, having people to a potluck version of the LFCA on the weekends or days I can't post (such as Pesach in two weeks). Everyone is welcome to join, in fact, you are encouraged to join because on non-LFCA days and weekends, this is the way to get support.
- Conference: Jenn To Infertility and Beyond Jenn at To Infertility and Beyond is co-chair of the Great Lakes Resolve Ohio Family Building Conference in Dayton, OH, on Saturday, April 4th. Midwest bloggers are encouraged to come. There are giveaways, including $500 towards medicine or treatment. Mrs Spock is attending, and would love to meet any local bloggers planning on coming as well.
- Advice: Life In A Holding Pattern is looking for advice from from other high-risk parents who insisted on closer monitoring (NST, growth scans, biophysical profiles)...no matter what trimester they were in. She has been left feeling as if her OB has no interest in keeping a close eye on her in her 3rd trimester even though she is at risk for IUGR, placental abruption, premature placental deterioration and premature labor. Please go give advice.
- Question: Sara at Gas Passer is looking for anyone else who has been touched by the experience of a vasa previa. If you have please stop by her blog and share your story.
- Question: Manda is looking for any sperm bank advice or recommendations she can get. Head over if you can help.
- Question: PJ is preparing for an FET and has some questions for those who have had the procedure.
- Radio Show: Creating a Family is airing Adopting an Older Child on March 25. "Adopting older children can be rewarding and challenging. What is considered an 'older child' for adoption, and how can you tell if a particular child will be able to transition into your family. The answer may surprise you. My guest will be Debbie Riley, Executive Director of The Center for Adoption Support & Education. Creating a Family can be heard either at the radio page of or downloaded as a free podcast from iTunes. The shows airs every Wednesday from 12:00 to 1:00 PM Eastern Time, and listeners can e-mail questions in advance or call into the show to speak directly with the guest. Email Dawn@creatingafamily.com to sign up for a weekly email notice of the upcoming show topic."
- Important Read: Eve's wonderful friend who went through the loss of her 6 year old son last year is telling Evan's Story as a guest blogger tomorrow. It's a warning that all parents and want-to-be parents should read.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- None Today (more coming tomorrow)
- Sassy's husband is celebrating his birthday next Monday. Go sing him a little song.
- Everyday Stranger is celebrating her birthday next Wednesday. Go eat a little cake with her.
- Rachel finally had a birthday on the 24th (after about four years of refusing to grow older), so go wish her a happy year!
- Amanda is remembering Noah Joel today one year after he went to Heaven, after a missed miscarriage at 9.5 weeks.
- Please offer Eva lots of support. When she went for an ultrasound at approximately 11 weeks, there was no heartbeat. She's asking for any advice people might have about waiting for a natural miscarriage v. having a D & E.
- ForeverHopeful is experiencing a loss. Please stop by and help her through this very difficult time.
- Musicmaker Momma got the call that all five embryos made it to freeze!
- Onward and Sideways had 2 early blasts transferred, but received news that none of the remaining embryos made it to freeze.
- Family of Two is attempting to head off OHSS as it seems that her "ovaries reeeeeeally like F.ollistim!" Please stop by and help keep her company.
- TBean could use some support right now. Not only was yesterday cycle day 1 of a new cycle, but she also has several scary things going on in her life right now.
- A's dealing with complicated emotions as she and K are discussing on the possibility of K carrying their child. Please stop by to give her a hug and provide any insight you may have.
- Baby, Interrupted is having her retrieval today and would love some support.
- Evergreen has a potential match. They are going to meet the baby and birthmother Wednesday morning.
- After deciding to move on to donor sperm, Manda and her husband have now discovered that she may have some fertility issues as well. Please give them support.
- Faith is having retrieval on Thursday and could use your positive thoughts and prayers.
- Listening for Little Steps had two blastocysts transfered earlier this week. Go wish her good luck as she awaits beta.
- Mommy In Waiting thinks she may have miscarried before even realizing she was pregnant and is sad and confused.
- S has started her first donor embryo FET and will be having her 13th embryo transfer next Saturday (4 April). Any encouraging, positive thoughts and/or success stories would be appreciated. Good thaw vibes for the embryos would also be good.
- Please take a moment to send Cathy some love; she has a lot on her plate right now and could use some encouragement and virtual hugs.
- Overeducated Mommy is having her thyroid removed today. Go over and send her good wishes.
- Heather is on bedrest for the foreseeable future after having a cerclage put in. Sweetpea is still doing great!
- G is home, but now on bedrest. Go give her some love as she cooks these babies a little longer.
- Hoping for Another Lovebug is on hospital bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Please keep her company. She has Internet access, though reading is easier than typing.
- Reba found out that her cervix is funneling and she is now on bedrest. Her next appointment is on Wednesday and she could use some support so that her little one hangs on as long as possible.
- Melanie has found out that she is having a boy! She also found out she has marginal previa, so she is nervous. If you have reassurances, she could use them.
- B-MoM saw a faint second line on a home pregnancy test. She'll test again in a few days to confirm. She is cautiously optimistic after two prior early miscarriages, because today she can say, "I'm pregnant!"
- None Today.
Read and Support