Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Stirrup Queens (yes, I feel awkward Kirtsying my own post, but Lori made me do it). A post about MTV's recent documentary about adoption and how the author viewed the missing element that existed for both women who were considering creating an adoption plan. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- The next issue will be the 350th issue. Just saying. I mean, I'd like to celebrate on Monday.
- Forums: Starting tonight, there will be an open thread on the forums for people to use as the weekend LFCA. The top post in the thread will explain how it works. Please post news there over the weekend so we can see if you get the support you need from the thread. If you want the same news to run in the Monday LFCA, submit it here too via the form. If you don't yet belong to the forums, join if you want to have access to the weekend LFCA.
- Fundraiser: Jen from Here We Go Again is doing the March of Dimes walk in honour of Mrs. Spit's Gabriel. Please support both women--Jen by sponsoring her walk and Mrs. Spit by honouring her son.
- Project: "May 10th 2009 will not be a depressing day for us stirrup queens this year. Please check out the following link for more details on how you can make it ROCK! OMG! YOU ROCK DAY May 10th 2009." [Mel's note: She made a really cool icon too. She is obviously more advanced than my Microsoft Paint skills].
- Closed Blog: Aw.ake I.n T.he Worl.d will stop posting for now and then will move to a new blog space. She believes her blog was found by an unsafe person. She is safe, however, and will try to contact her commenters as soon as possible.
- Giveaway: Shannon is giving away a swift and ball winder to a lucky knitter or crocheter. You have until April 3 to enter. [Mel's note: and it looks really cool even though I don't know how to use one].
- Forums: If you're not already on the forums, you may want to join before Friday night. We're doing our first test run of the open thread idea, having people to a potluck version of the LFCA on the weekends or days I can't post (such as Pesach in two weeks). Everyone is welcome to join, in fact, you are encouraged to join because on non-LFCA days and weekends, this is the way to get support.
- Conference: Jenn To Infertility and Beyond Jenn at To Infertility and Beyond is co-chair of the Great Lakes Resolve Ohio Family Building Conference in Dayton, OH, on Saturday, April 4th. Midwest bloggers are encouraged to come. There are giveaways, including $500 towards medicine or treatment. Mrs Spock is attending, and would love to meet any local bloggers planning on coming as well.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- I Never Thought It Made Sense Anyway (male factor, IVF)
- The School of Hard Knocked-Up (donor egg, IVF)
- Smokeandashesbaby's Blog (old blogger; new digs)
- Battles for Adoption (general adoption)
- Sassy's husband is celebrating his birthday next Monday. Go sing him a little song.
- Everyday Stranger is celebrating her birthday next Wednesday. Go eat a little cake with her.
- A View on my Life is celebrating her birthday next Thursday. Go sing her a little song.
- Our Crazy Life with Twins after IVF is celebrating her birthday next Thursday. Go sing her a little song.
- Over My Ovaries is celebrating her birthday next Thursday. Go sing her a little song.
- Curves with Attitude is celebrating her 30th birthday on Saturday. Go eat a little cake with her.
- It was two years ago today that Amber last saw AJ's heartbeat. Please go give her support.
- Sad news--my friend, M, who made the IVF picture display (and contributed many videos to the IVF Shoot 'Em Up) lost her boy at 20 weeks. There was no heartbeat and no explanation. She had the D&E yesterday. She is blog-less, so please post messages of support on this post and I will make sure she receives them.
- Mixing it Up is triggering this weekend and has retrieval set for Sunday. She has three follicles and is hoping for two embryos. This is their final cycle so please surround her with love this weekend.
- G$'s first IVF didn't work. She's asking for no "I'm sorrys" but would rather have some curse words. Go give her your best one.
- My Hopeful Heart is having a rough time and could use some hugs.
- Care has not been having a smooth move to their new house. She could use some support as she and the boys adjust to their new neighborhood.
- Meg survived the first week of this 2WW but is starting to get a bit anxious and could use some company.
- Baby Interrupted's retrieval yielded five eggs.
- Lisa's donor egg cycle has resulted in 9 embryos. Keep her company while she waits for fertilization results.
- Overeducated Mommy had her cancer surgery yesterday and is now cancer free! Go congratulate her and wait with her as she waits to find out if radiated iodine will be necessary.
- Heather is on bedrest for the foreseeable future after having a cerclage put in. Sweetpea is still doing great!
- G is home, but now on bedrest. Go give her some love as she cooks these babies a little longer.
- Hoping for Another Lovebug is on hospital bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Please keep her company. She has Internet access, though reading is easier than typing.
- Almamay writes: "I found out at our 20 week scan that we are expecting a boy. We are over the moon after waiting almost 15 years for our family. I'm still invite only but if people email me I'll send them an invite."
- Nishkanu has gotten a good beta on her last IVF cycle w/ DE. Nothing bad has happened yet.
- Leslie's IVF cycle has resulted in a BFP!
- Jill has rising betas!
- There's Hope gave birth to a girl, Madeleine, on March 24th. Go over and wish them congratulations!
Read and Support