Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Over My Ovaries. A list containing all the things the author learned during the four days she parented two children in the foster system. From the amusing to the heart-tugging, a great post. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Radio, Radio: Listen to Flotsam on Morning Edition. Doesn't she have a great NPR voice?
- Opportunity: Anyone in Georgia interested in Buy One Get One Free IVF cycles? Stop by Conceive This! to read about how one clinic is responding to the economic crisis, and e-mail her if you want more information.
- Heads Up: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Um...like every weekend and, to give you a heads up, some point next week. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient. I'll get you in there as soon as possible but you can avoid not having access to the LFCA in open thread form by signing up now.
- New Term: Sorry, I'm declaring a new term: the WUB (wait until beta). Some people have two weeks, some people have ten days, some people go to crazy clinics that make them wait over two weeks. So I'm just shortening it to WUB. Just so you know what I mean when I write this.
- Update: Aw.ake i.n th.e Wor.ld wrote again. "I am safe, the dog is good. I am shaky, but improving. I have internet now, and hope that I will start my new blog soon. I have been surrounded by wonderful people who have taken very good care of me. Thank you again to you and the whole community for their concern." Again, you can leave any messages for her on this post.
- Activism: Has anyone else heard about this Tennessee bill?
- Fundraiser: Twin Peas writes: "The Arizona chapter of RESOLVE is hosting their first Walk of Hope event on April 19th. We hope to bring awareness about infertility as well as show support for all methods of family building (adoption, treatments and living child free). There will be a giveaway for a FREE IVF cycle as well as a $250 gift card for those who are already resolved. The cost is only $15 to walk. For more information or to register visit http://www.southwest.resolve.org."
- Illustrator Needed: Birdie's Mama and Charlotte's Mama are going to be working on a book, a book that will be for the young siblings of babylost parents, a book that talks about the baby who is not there but is talked about and cherished. However, we are looking for an illustrator, and I would like to find either a babylost Mama or Papa to be that person. I have not had any luck in my calls for such an illustrator, and it seems so important to have the whole book be made by babylost parents. Please contact Birdie's Mama if you are interested.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- Infertility Sucks (in the beginning)
- Perspectives Press Blog (a blog from the ALI publisher)
- A Look Into My Life (RPL, MTHFR)
- Two Peas Waiting for Our Pod (elusive male point of view)
- Okaasan Mommy and More is celebrating her birthday this week. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Mixing it Up is celebrating her birthday later this week. Go over and eat a little cake with her.
- Once will be celebrating her birthday next week. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Production, Not Reproduction is celebrating her anniversary next Thursday. Go over and wish them congratulations.
- My So-Called Life Ellen will be remembering the baby that could have been on April 4, her loss date. Please go give her support.
- Sunday will be the anniversary of Devin's unfulfilled due date. Please go give Natalie support.
- Please comfort Bluebird as she approaches her unfulfilled EDD, April 5.
- Kerry and Pete lost their triplets after Kerry became very ill with an infection. They could a lot of support right now; Kerry is still in the hospital.
- Today is Bloorb's first ultrasound and she is nervous as all get out. Please go over and give her support.
- Misconceptions About Conception is about to start her first cycle with intervention: Clomid and IUI. Her husband is having a particularly hard time with this so please give them support.
- K at Silly Uterus had her retrieval yesterday and got 11 eggs! She's scheduled for a 3-day transfer on Saturday.
- Andrea just received a BFN on her first IVF cycle. Please go over and give her support.
- Mrs. J's daughter, Lil Pumpkin (LP), underwent heart surgery yesterday. Please head over and give the family support.
- Heather is on bedrest for the foreseeable future after having a cerclage put in. Sweetpea is still doing great!
- G is home, but now on bedrest. Go give her some love as she cooks these babies a little longer.
- Hoping for Another Lovebug is on hospital bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Please keep her company. She has Internet access, though reading is easier than typing.
- Jenni has been placed on bedrest at home indefinitely. Go over and keep her company while the baby hangs out a little longer!
- One Must Continue to Believe is pregnant! She had a positive beta on April Fools Day.
- Onepinkline at In Vitro Veritas had her first ultrasound. Everything looks great and they saw a heartbeat!
- The Oasis gave birth to a girl, Caiden, today! As in just a few hours ago. Go over and wish them congratulations.
Read and Support