Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Production, Not Reproduction. A post about the secrets others keep and how their secrets are both outside your control and yet affect you tremendously. An explanation about the openness in open adoption. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Heads Up: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Um...like every weekend and, to give you a heads up, some point next week. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient. I'll get you in there as soon as possible but you can avoid not having access to the LFCA in open thread form by signing up now.
- New Term: Sorry, I'm declaring a new term: the WUB (wait until beta). Some people have two weeks, some people have ten days, some people go to crazy clinics that make them wait over two weeks. So I'm just shortening it to WUB. Just so you know what I mean when I write this.
- Update: Aw.ake i.n th.e Wor.ld wrote again. "I am safe, the dog is good. I am shaky, but improving. I have internet now, and hope that I will start my new blog soon. I have been surrounded by wonderful people who have taken very good care of me. Thank you again to you and the whole community for their concern." Again, you can leave any messages for her on this post.
- Activism: Has anyone else heard about this Tennessee bill?
- Fundraiser: Twin Peas writes: "The Arizona chapter of RESOLVE is hosting their first Walk of Hope event on April 19th. We hope to bring awareness about infertility as well as show support for all methods of family building (adoption, treatments and living child free). There will be a giveaway for a FREE IVF cycle as well as a $250 gift card for those who are already resolved. The cost is only $15 to walk. For more information or to register visit http://www.southwest.resolve.org."
- Illustrator Needed: Birdie's Mama and Charlotte's Mama are going to be working on a book, a book that will be for the young siblings of babylost parents, a book that talks about the baby who is not there but is talked about and cherished. However, we are looking for an illustrator, and I would like to find either a babylost Mama or Papa to be that person. I have not had any luck in my calls for such an illustrator, and it seems so important to have the whole book be made by babylost parents. Please contact Birdie's Mama if you are interested.
- Radio, Radio: Flotsam was on NPR's Morning Edition this morning. She'll be posting a link to where you can listen to it online soon.
- Project: Into the Rabbit Hole writes: "A recurrent miscarrier is proposing a photo project for Name Your Dream Assignment that includes photographing women around the world who, on the road to motherhood, have miscarried. The project is listed here.
- Fundraiser: The IVP is doing a felt food swap to raise money for Trish and Kate. You can participate by bidding here. Spread the news on Facebook by clicking here. And if you want to see photos of the items (and they're gorgeous!), click here.
- If you notice another loading slow down or receive error messages for Stirrup Queens or Lost and Found, please let me know. Now I'm nervous every time I add anything to the side bar!
- None Today.
- A View on my Life is celebrating her birthday today. Go sing her a little song.
- Our Crazy Life with Twins after IVF is celebrating her birthday today. Go sing her a little song.
- Over My Ovaries is celebrating her birthday today. Go sing her a little song.
- Okaasan Mommy and More is celebrating her birthday this week. Go over and sing her a little song.
- Mixing it Up is celebrating her birthday later this week. Go over and eat a little cake with her.
- It's Token's birthday at CD1 - go sing her a song.
- My So-Called Life Ellen will be remembering the baby that could have been on April 4, her loss date. Please go give her support.
- Sunday will be the anniversary of Devin's unfulfilled due date. Please go give Natalie support.
- Amber and her family just celebrated AJ's second birthday. Please go give the family love and support.
- None Today.
- Dora needs to write an appeal to her insurance company, who has denied her claim for her FET. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who have navigated insurance in the past.
- Infertile, Who Me? made it to transfer yesterday! Two beautiful 5-day blasts were transferred! Go keep her company in the wait until beta (henceforth known as the WUB--see above).
- Gwinne had a negative pregnancy test for this cycle. Please go give her support.
- Meg had a BFN on her HPT today but beta is tomorrow. Go give her support.
- Heather is on bedrest for the foreseeable future after having a cerclage put in. Sweetpea is still doing great!
- G is home, but now on bedrest. Go give her some love as she cooks these babies a little longer.
- Hoping for Another Lovebug is on hospital bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Please keep her company. She has Internet access, though reading is easier than typing.
- Jenni has been placed on bedrest at home indefinitely. Go over and keep her company while the baby hangs out a little longer!
- Three of a Kind had a great echo and the baby's heart looks perfect. And...she's having a girl!
- Michaela had a positive beta! Please send her good thoughts for a great second beta on Friday.
- Estranged Love - Not So Empty Womb celebrated the finalization of her daughter's adoption on Wednesday.
Read and Support