Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from The Unfair Struggle. A very moving post about how giving 100% with infertility doesn't always amount to the same as giving 100% in other facets of life and embedded within the post is the idea of what we also give up when we want it all--so can "all" ever be obtained?. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Essay Contest: Last call for entires to Parenthood for Me's essay/blog entry contest. Submission due by May 1 at 10PM ET.
- Question: Crazy Lady Ramblings writes: "I would love to hear stories of successful pregnancies after low beta's. My beta has come back at 35 at 12dp5dt and I've been told that it could be a chemical pregnancy but not to give up hope." Go over and give her your thoughts.
- Book Announcement: Mel's book, Navigating the Land of If, went on sale this week. Amazon is sending out copies and it should be in bookstores around the end of the week. Like the title suggests, it is about navigating the emotional side of infertility, adoption, and loss. Julie at A Little Pregnant is currently doing a giveaway for the book if you want to win a copy for yourself or a friend.
- Book Announcement: Pamela Jeanne's book, Silent Sorority, went on sale this week, just in time for NIAW. It's a book about living child-free after infertility and the subtitle says it all: "A Barren Woman Gets Busy, Angry, Lost and Found." Click over to get your copy.
- Giveaway: In Due Time is doing a giveaway of two custom-beaded key chains for NIAW. Go over and enter.
- Idea: I left this thought on another person's blog today and thought I'd leave it here. For those who want to write a blog post, but don't know who from your face-to-face world is possibly reading your blog, you can do so on the forums. There is a blog post feature. You can see on the member list who has access to the forum and while it isn't perfect, it gives you a little space to write and at least know who could see it vs. a public blog where anyone can see it. Though scroll back all the way through the list since there are over 300 members right now.
- Study: Annie writes: "Lisa Rosenweig, a doctoral candidate at Columbia University is completing her dissertation research on women's experiences with miscarriage. She hopes this information will help health providers to better care for women and families who have experienced miscarriage. Please, if you have had a miscarriage in the last 6 months, are 18 or older, live in the US, and in a relationship with a significant other, please take time to fill out the survey."
- Class: Lori from Weebles Wobblog and her daughter's birthmom are presenting about open adoption at an infertility support group in the Denver area May 31. Please pass the word to your Denver-area friends who may be interested in seeing what OA can look like. For more details, contact bestlightlori at the gmail place.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today.
- Jamie is celebrating her 3rd blogoversary on April 30! Head over to her blog and buy her a cupcake.
- Elm Street Mom is celebrating her birthday this week. Go sing her a little song.
- A Run for My Money is celebrating her birthday this Thursday. Go eat a little cake with her.
- Isabel is celebrating her birthday this week. Go sing her a little song.
- Drowned Girl is celebrating her birthday this Wednesday. Go sing her a little song.
- Just Another Mom Blog is celebrating her blogoversary this Wednesday. Go wish her congratulations.
- On Saturday, Amanda remembered Zachary James on the two year anniversary of his birth and death. Keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.
- An ultrasound is showing that Tally is most probably experiencing another loss. Please go over and give her a lot of support.
- (Mis)conceptions is having her retrieval today. Go over and give her good thoughts.
- Kat is beginning her first IVF in May, and is anxiously waiting to begin her stimulation medications.
- Wishing and Hoping for Baby is just having a hard time dealing with things right now, dealing with loosing weight, attempting to buy a house and just life in general. She is a little fed up with everything.
- Gorillabuns could really use some support as she wades through really strong feelings of guilt about the death of Thalon.
- A Few Good Sperm has negative pee sticks after her first IVF/ICSI. Beta is on Wednesday. She could use some support.
- Crable Family Adventures has matched with an expectant mom very early on in her pregnancy.
- Trish was interviewed for a "spotlight on..." article for a health activist website! Stop by to read the article and say congratulations.
- Meghan at Finding Family with Empty Arms has just had her 35th cycle end in a BFN. She's also struggling with the coming month and isn't looking forward to the birthday that she always planned to have her first child by. Please drop by and show her some love and support.
- Sadie from Our Little Pebbles has been admitted to the hospital. She's 29 weeks today. She'll be in the hospital until the babies are born, hopefully not for a few more weeks, but based on her cervical measurements and contractions could be any day. She, her husband, and those babies need lots of good thoughts.
- There's no maybe about it. Lisa heard (and saw) the heartbeat. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Dora saw one beautiful heartbeat. Go wish her congratulations.
- Just Me Debbie's first ultrasound revealed twins!
- A Decade of BFNs got light positives two days in a row. She is nervous due to two previous early loses. She goes in on Thursday for a beta. Go give her good thoughts.
- Jenni gave birth to a girl, Jessica, on Monday (the 27th). Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Alicia gave birth to a girl, Ivy, on April 26th. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- KimboSue gave birth to Miles on the 17th! Go congratulate her and welcome Miles to the world!
- Manda finally gets to the second part of foster-adopt. The boys will be staying with her!
Read and Support