Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Are You Kidding Me. In the heart of NIAW, a beautiful post honouring the people she knows that have struggled with infertility or loss. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Clickers: We are in desperate need for Clickers again. Most categories could use a second person and some have no one covering that section. If you'd like to take a section, name your section and I'll send you some "how-to" information.
- Question: Allison is trying to make some decisions regarding doing a fresh IVF cycle and whether or not to participate in a study at her clinic. She has some questions about ganirelix being used in combination with follistim or menopur and would really appreciate anyone with previous experience dropping by!
- Question: Gwinne is having yet another wonky cycle, after being put on Estrace last cycle. A cd 6 ultrasound revealed *nothing* by way of significant follicle development (and her last two cycles had mature follicles on cd 6 and 8). She's wondering if the estrogen is working like her RE wanted or if, in fact, she's been oversuppressed. Similar experiences would be appreciated!
- Essay Contest: Last call for entires to Parenthood for Me's essay/blog entry contest. Submission due by May 1 at 10PM ET.
- Class: Lori from Weebles Wobblog and her daughter's birthmom are presenting about open adoption at an infertility support group in the Denver area May 31. Please pass the word to your Denver-area friends who may be interested in seeing what OA can look like. For more details, contact bestlightlori at the gmail place.
- Book Announcement: Mel's book, Navigating the Land of If, went on sale this week. Amazon is sending out copies and it should be in bookstores around the end of the week. Like the title suggests, it is about navigating the emotional side of infertility, adoption, and loss. Julie at A Little Pregnant is currently doing a giveaway for the book if you want to win a copy for yourself or a friend.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today.
- Jamie is celebrating her 3rd blogoversary on April 30! Head over to her blog and buy her a cupcake.
- Elm Street Mom is celebrating her birthday this week. Go sing her a little song.
- A Run for My Money is celebrating her birthday this Thursday. Go eat a little cake with her.
- Isabel is celebrating her birthday this week. Go sing her a little song.
- Drowned Girl is celebrating her birthday today. Go sing her a little song.
- Just Another Mom Blog is celebrating her blogoversary today. Go wish her congratulations.
- Monday was the ten month anniversary of Deker's birth and death. Please go eat some ice cream in his memory.
- Carrie and MJ have been TTC for years. On their final try they got pregnant and were so ecstatic and happy about their "little chicklet". Then they were concerned because of low progesterone and slow growth of their 7 week old baby. They wrote on their blog today that at their ultrasound on Monday there was no heartbeat. They are scheduled for a D&C on Friday. All their blog friends are heartbroken as are they. Please send them love and support as they grieve this devastating loss.
- (Mis)conceptions is waiting for the fert report. Go keep her company.
- Sadie from Our Little Pebbles has been admitted to the hospital. She's 29 weeks today. She'll be in the hospital until the babies are born, hopefully not for a few more weeks, but based on her cervical measurements and contractions could be any day. She, her husband, and those babies need lots of good thoughts.
- Devon is pregnant! Go wish her congratulations.
- WheresMyMiracle got a positive on her first IVF cycle. Go wish her congratulations.
- None Today.
Read and Support