Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Life Induces Thoughts, Mostly Random. Working off a poem about grief, the author explains the night when the floodgates opened and she deeply grieved the loss of her mother because in grieving, she was also honouring the deep love. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- The book is currently in the bookstores as of today! You can read an excerpt from the book here. There is plain text underneath the PDFs of the book pages.
- Donor Drive: In the Land of Broken Hearts writes: "If you are in the NYC area, there is a donor drive from bone marrow this weekend, for a four year old boy named Kai who has leukemia." Click over for more information.
- Question: Go give Shannon ideas for how to endure her latest 2ww. She's losing her marbles.
- I Married Barney, Now What? posted that she couldn't get her stuff in the LFCA so I thought it was worth mentioning here too. When you fill out the LFCA form and hit submit, it should take you to a screen that says "Thank you for submitting your news to the LFCA. It will be uploaded the next time the LFCA goes up (or, if our paths crossed and I'm currently working on today's issue and don't see it in time, it will go up in the next one)." If you are not seeing that screen, it did not go through and you should try again. Everything on the spreadsheet that comes from within the community goes up on the LFCA.
- Project: Pamela Jeanne posted this for Fertility Authority, a fertility website. "Hope you are all doing well. I wanted to let you know that this week is National Infertility Awareness Week and FA has launched a "Tell a Non-infertile ONE THING" campaign, the goal of which is to help raise awareness/destigmatize infertility. We are encouraging women (and men) to speak out about their infertility by posting their "ONE THING" on our site and by participating in our NIAW poll. You'll see that we've also blogged about the stigmatization of infertility in NIAW: Infertility's Not a Lifestyle Choice."
- Class: Lori from Weebles Wobblog and her daughter's birthmom are presenting about open adoption at an infertility support group in the Denver area May 31. Please pass the word to your Denver-area friends who may be interested in seeing what OA can look like. For more details, contact bestlightlori at the gmail place.
- Book Announcement: Mel's book, Navigating the Land of If, went on sale this week. Amazon is sending out copies and it is currently in bookstores. Like the title suggests, it is about navigating the emotional side of infertility, adoption, and loss.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today (a lot being added over the weekend)
- Elm Street Mom is celebrating her birthday this week. Go sing her a little song.
- Isabel is celebrating her birthday this week. Go sing her a little song.
- Jo from MoJoWorking is celebrating her birthday on Sunday! Go over and sing her a little song.
- Jane and her husband celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary on April 30th. Go over and wish them congratulations.
- By the Pricking of My Thumbs celebrated her fourth wedding anniversary yesterday. Go over and wish them congratulations.
- Yesterday was Ezra's eight month birthday. Please go give the family support.
- None Today.
- (Mis)conceptions has 15 embryos going strong. Go wish her good thoughts for a day-5 transfer.
- Turia's sixth (and final) IUI cycle needs to be converted into IVF due to overstimulated ovaries. She's feeling a little overwhelmed and could use some good thoughts (and any advice on what she should ask her doctor on Saturday).
- Waiting Womb's surgery is over. Go over and keep her company while she recovers.
- Cathy could use some extra support and hugs right now as she and her family deal with yet another blow.
- Sadie from Our Little Pebbles has been admitted to the hospital. She's 29 weeks today. She'll be in the hospital until the babies are born, hopefully not for a few more weeks, but based on her cervical measurements and contractions could be any day. She, her husband, and those babies need lots of good thoughts.
- Mrs M@sk has been put on bedrest at 26 weeks with incompetent cervix. She will be there until her little girls are born, which will hopefully not be too soon. Her doctor is aiming for 30 weeks. Go keep her company and send her good thoughts.
- None Today.
- Our Journey to Parenthood are about to become parents to a baby boy, born April 28! They travel to meet their son for the first time on Friday morning.
Read and Support