Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Relaxing Doesn't Make Babies. A post about how blogging or sharing news is about stating your words to a non-captive audience and the way people react to the words tells more about the person than the speaker. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- I Married Barney, Now What? posted that she couldn't get her stuff in the LFCA so I thought it was worth mentioning here too. When you fill out the LFCA form and hit submit, it should take you to a screen that says "Thank you for submitting your news to the LFCA. It will be uploaded the next time the LFCA goes up (or, if our paths crossed and I'm currently working on today's issue and don't see it in time, it will go up in the next one)." If you are not seeing that screen, it did not go through and you should try again. Everything on the spreadsheet that comes from within the community goes up on the LFCA.
- Project: Pamela Jeanne posted this for Fertility Authority, a fertility website. "Hope you are all doing well. I wanted to let you know that this week is National Infertility Awareness Week and FA has launched a "Tell a Non-infertile ONE THING" campaign, the goal of which is to help raise awareness/destigmatize infertility. We are encouraging women (and men) to speak out about their infertility by posting their "ONE THING" on our site and by participating in our NIAW poll. You'll see that we've also blogged about the stigmatization of infertility in NIAW: Infertility's Not a Lifestyle Choice."
- Question: April is looking for OPK recommendations. Share your fave with her at
- Clickers: We are in desperate need for Clickers again. Most categories could use a second person and some have no one covering that section. If you'd like to take a section, name your section and I'll send you some "how-to" information.
- Class: Lori from Weebles Wobblog and her daughter's birthmom are presenting about open adoption at an infertility support group in the Denver area May 31. Please pass the word to your Denver-area friends who may be interested in seeing what OA can look like. For more details, contact bestlightlori at the gmail place.
- Book Announcement: Mel's book, Navigating the Land of If, went on sale this week. Amazon is sending out copies and it should be in bookstores around the end of the week. Like the title suggests, it is about navigating the emotional side of infertility, adoption, and loss. Julie at A Little Pregnant is currently doing a giveaway for the book if you want to win a copy for yourself or a friend.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today (a lot being added in another day or so)
- Jamie is celebrating her 3rd blogoversary on April 30! Head over to her blog and buy her a cupcake.
- Elm Street Mom is celebrating her birthday this week. Go sing her a little song.
- A Run for My Money is celebrating her birthday today. Go eat a little cake with her.
- Isabel is celebrating her birthday this week. Go sing her a little song.
- Bluebird and her husband will be celebrating their 4th wedding anniversary on April 30! Go over and wish them congratulations!
- Jo from MoJoWorking is celebrating her birthday on Sunday! Go over and sing her a little song.
- None Today.
- Maria's beta dropped. This is a particularly hard blow because this was their last cycle for the conceivable future. Go be her shoulder to cry on as she grieves.
- Liza's last living grandparent, Gran’papa, passed away yesterday. Please give her some love and hugs.
- (Mis)conceptions had 16 fertilize. Go over and wish her congratulations.
- Zee could use some hugs. She's having an "office soap opera" over the last week.
- Patricia is scheduled for her IUI on Saturday. Please go over and wish her luck while she waits.
- Maybe I'm sensitive because this happened to me too, but Martha's son had his bike stolen this week from their yard and it totally sucks. Go give the family a hug.
- Cat could use a little love after attending her niece & nephew's baptism last week and the reminder of what they're missing in their own family.
- Another Dreamer's HSG this week revealed nothing while finding clear tubes and a
normal uterus. No explanation or diagnosis to date for her repeat losses, and she
had to deal with an unsensitive doc telling that if she manages to get pg, to "hope
for the best."
- The Angry Infertile is in the WUB after transferring two embies on Saturday, 4/25.
- Tabi at The Art of Being Infertile is gearing up for a tentative donor/surrogate cycle for May. She could use good thoughts in the process.
- Courtney at Baby Mama Drama is getting ready to start IVF #1.
- Meghan's 34th cycle (her first injectible/IUI cycle) was a bust. Give her some good thoughts for onward and upward.
- How to Raise a Dog in Love and Righteousness has merged her two blogs into one. If
you'd like an invite to her new digs, email her at meka_hilton at yahoo dot com.
- Sadie from Our Little Pebbles has been admitted to the hospital. She's 29 weeks today. She'll be in the hospital until the babies are born, hopefully not for a few more weeks, but based on her cervical measurements and contractions could be any day. She, her husband, and those babies need lots of good thoughts.
- Mrs M@sk has been put on bedrest at 26 weeks with incompetent cervix. She will be there until her little girls are born, which will hopefully not be too soon. Her doctor is aiming for 30 weeks. Go keep her company and send her good thoughts.
- Jamie is having a boy!
- A BFP 14dpiui for A Decade of BFNs!
- It's not 100% but it looks like there are 2 boys-to-come for Adventures in Life.
- Elle has quietly entered her second trimester.
- None Today.
Read and Support