Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Moments of Pause. As she mourns, the author takes a step back and sees how invisible grief can be for others. This post contains the heartbreaking line: "I remember thinking my biggest fear then was how labor would feel- not how losing a baby would feel." How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Important: I'm not sure how Internet is going to go for the next two days so if I don't post a new LFCA, please use the comment section below to post news. I also apologize if I'm slow to email back or enter new people on the IComLeavWe list.
- Project: Kate at Bee In The Bonnet writes: "I have finally posted a summary of results used in my senior thesis project for which so many very kind ALI community members submitted lengthy interviews. In the event that anyone is waiting with bated breath to see how their interview impacted my research, the results have now been posted."
- Project: JJ is one of 30 Moms tweeting for 30 Days in June for the Sling and Swaddle Journey. Follow her @Mom_19.
- Project: David & Alyssa's Mommy writes: "David and Alyssa's mommy loves getting mail, and so will you. Nikki is organizing a Snail Mail Pen Pal exchange. She has an open sign up right now on her blog. She will decide on themes each month, and 'angel moms' will write to each other on this topic, talk about their losses, send pictures, perhaps even exchange each other small gifts, and overall appreciate the postal system. Send her your name, loss information, addresses and blog url."
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today (more will be added soon).
- Denver Laura is celebrating her 34th birthday next weekend. Drop by to wish her a very happy birthday.
- Just Another Mom Blog is celebrating her anniversary on Monday. Go wish them congratulations.
- It's Jen's birthday on Tuesday. Go over and sing her a little song.
- It's my birthday on Tuesday too. Go have a slice of cake with me.
- CDE's birthday is on Friday. Go over and sing him a little song.
- Dawn will be celebrating her 40th birthday June 10th. On that day she will also be 11dpiui. She has had two decades of career building, hoping that the next decade is spent raising a baby.
- Finding Family with Empty Arms is celebrating her 25th birthday! Go over and sing her a little song.
- Busted Babymaker and her husband celebrated her fifth wedding anniversary on Friday. Go drink a glass of non-alcoholic champagne with them.
- JuliaS will be remember Zach who died in 1995. Please give her comfort while she remembers him.
- Misty has shared her story about her precious, all too brief time with baby Isaac. Please go over and hug her tight.
- Please go and flood Lauren with suuport. She is grieving the unexpected loss of her quadruplet pregnancy and questioning her life right now.
- Devin has been hit by a wave of grief and could use some extra love.
- Makes You Stronger is in beta hell, with a beta of 40 at 10dp5dt. Please go support her.
- Lina is having a hard time dealing with slow rising betas and a delay in growth. She is living ultrasound to ultrasound and could use tons support.
- BabyQuest had a great retrieval last Wednesday. Go over and wish her luck on her transfer today!
- BarrenlandsMeditations is looking for the perfect mojito recipe after her IVF didn't work out as planned. Please send her your favorite mojito recipe!
- Joy at Sparkley Things Distract Me had a negative on IVF#2 last week. Please go over and give her a big cyberhug.
- Yoka's dad is in the hospital in very serious condition in the hospital; go leave a word of support.
- The Waiting Womb has an HSG today after her baseline FET appointment last week. Go hold her hand.
- Sara has discovered her baby girl Brynn has been diagnosed with an ASD and a VSD. They are taking it one step at a time at the moment. Go and walk along with her.
- At her day 25 monitoring, it was discovered T-Mommy has again had premature ovarian failure and she will be starting her cycle with Femara. If the Femara doesn't work, her next step will be IVF with egg donation or adoption.
- A Nickel's Worth of Common Sense got a little surprise last week--they unexpectedly became foster parents to two sisters, ages 2 months and 1 year!
- IF Optimist will has her egg retrieval today. She was nervous about triggering a day early because her LH was rising. Go over and wish her luck!
- Megan had five eggs retrieved, and four fertilized. Keep her company while she waits for the Day 3 report.
- Not A Clown Car has her retrieval tomorrow on Monday. Wish her luck!
- A Long and Winding Road did the Relay For Life in memory of her dog Sammy who passed away a year ago today. Please visit her and show her some love.
- Blanche (Mrs. Higrens) is scheduled for retrieval for IVF#1 on Wednesday. With only 2 large eggs after 9 days of injections, they are going forward with the cycle without any expectations of success. She would appreciate any advice, experience, or other good thoughts you would like to share.
- Mrs M@sk has been put on bedrest at 26 weeks with incompetent cervix. She will be there until her little girls are born, which will hopefully not be too soon. Her doctor is aiming for 30 weeks. Go keep her company and send her good thoughts.
- My Journey Towards My Little Miracle is in the hospital on bedrest until the twins come. Go keep her company.
- Michele had her cerclage placed. Please go to her blog and offer her support. She has endured so much to get to this point.
- Courtney at PrayingforaLittleOne has been placed on bedrest for at least the next three weeks for pre-term labor. She's not feeling confidant that this will only be three weeks and is expecting to be there until Henry arrives.
- Sluggish Butterfly has found out she is having a baby boy!
- Both twins looked good in Michele's nuchal scan, and her cerclage is holding strong.
- The Steadfast Warrior had a perfect anatomy scan at 20w1d and found out they are having a girl!
- Jen and CJ's twins were born Friday May 29 at 26 weeks 6 days gestation. She has been on hospital bed rest for 2 weeks with her water breaking a week and a half prior to the babies' arrival. Mom and babies are doing well.
- Sadie brought Eli home from the NICU on Sunday, and she may be able to bring home Emerson on Monday.
Read and Support