Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Babies or Not. Hope, the author says, is like kindling, easy to come by. It's fanning the flames and keeping the fire going that makes her feel weary. A beautiful post about being in the limbo state between letting go or not. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Connection: This blogger writes that she is looking for "any blogs or resources for people that have adopted after infertility but are still experiencing the emotional pain of not being able to conceive. I thought that these feelings would go away now that I have a family, but that desire to be pregnant has reared its ugly head again." If you write or have written on this topic, she would like to connect with others who feel the same way. You can email her directly.
- Vote: Weebles Wobblog is up for an award and she needs your vote. I've made the message 140 characters so people could tweet it too: "Help my friend: Go here http://www.socialluxelounge.
com/blogluxe/Go to "most inspiring." 3 rows down--vote Weebles Wobble. Please RT." Or, er, and don't just tweet it; vote too! And daily. Through July 6th.
- Movie Warning: In case you haven't seen the movie yet and intend to go, a fellow LFCAer sent this warning: "I wanted to warn people who may be in a fragile place that there is a scene in the movie UP that was very emotional and either dealt with pregnancy loss or at the least catastrophic IF (it was subtle but my 11 year old asked me why she was at the doctor and I had to explain). I have been out of the trenches for 4 years now and luckily blessed with 3 amazing kids, and it still affected me. The movie was very good, but that one scene left me in tears. I just would hate for someone else to get blindsided."
- Amazing Resource: I'm going to link to it under Operation Heads Up on Stirrup Queens, but I also wanted to put it here. Dawn Davenport pulled together a fantastic resource on international adoption. You can cross-compare all of the programs.
- Study: I received this from someone at the Department of Counseling Psychology at the University of Texas at Austin: "Have you or your partner been undergoing treatment for primary infertility? If so, please consider participating in an online study of the impact of an infertility diagnosis on marriage. You are eligible to participate if you: 1. Are a member of a married, heterosexual couple. 2. Both you and your spouse are between the ages of 20 – 45. 3. You do not have any biological or adopted children living in your home. 4. Either you, your spouse, or both has received an infertility diagnosis (including "unexplained infertility"). 5. You are CURRENTLY receiving medical treatment for infertility. 6. Both you and your partner are willing to participate & have access to the internet. To participate, please send an email to: UTInfertilityResearch@gmail.
- Password Protected: Happy Not-So-Newlywed has decided to go private. If you would like to be added, please email her at email@example.com.
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- Life is NOT a Guided Tour (cancer and IF, donor gametes, male factor, IVF)
- A Whole Lot of Hope (adoption)
- The Hales (pg loss)
- Everyone Else but Me (IVF)
- Once a Mother (infant death)
- My Preconceived Notion (pg after IF, donor embryos, SMBC)
- Fertile Journeys (RPL)
- Diary of a Stork Stalker (IVF)
- Denver Laura is celebrating her 34th birthday this weekend. Drop by to wish her a very happy birthday.
- CDE's birthday is today. Go over and sing him a little song.
- Dawn will be celebrating her 40th birthday June 10th. On that day she will also be 11dpiui. She has had two decades of career building, hoping that the next decade is spent raising a baby.
- Infertile? Who, me? is celebrating her birthday on Sunday. Go have a slice of cake with her.
- It's Michele's birthday on Sunday, pop over and offer her a slice of cake while she is on bedrest.
- Jensboys celebrated her 15th wedding anniversary on Thursday. Go wish them congratulations.
- Hoping for Another Lovebug is celebrating her wedding anniversary today. Go over and wish them congratulations.
- Jordan's one year "Angel Day" is today. Please go and send some love to Sophie.
- A Decade of BFNs just found out that her baby stopped growing and doesn't have a heartbeat. She has decided to miscarry naturally. Please stop by and give her your support.
- Helen lost her baby at 16 weeks. She had a horrendous delivery and is traumatized by the experience. Please go and offer her some love and support.
- Blanche (Mrs. Higrens) got the call from her RE that none of the 4 mature eggs from Wednesday's retrieval fertilized. She could use some hugs and love during the wait to see if the second attempt on Thursday succeeded.
- After her embryos stopped dividing, Bottoms On and Off the Table had her cycle cancelled. Please go over and give them a lot of support.
- IFOptimist had a successful transfer! Wish her luck in her WUB.
- Mrs M@sk has been put on bedrest at 26 weeks with incompetent cervix. She will be there until her little girls are born, which will hopefully not be too soon. Her doctor is aiming for 30 weeks. Go keep her company and send her good thoughts.
- My Journey Towards My Little Miracle is in the hospital on bedrest until the twins come. Go keep her company.
- Michele had her cerclage placed. Please go to her blog and offer her support. She has endured so much to get to this point.
- Courtney at PrayingforaLittleOne is still having contractions even with the procardia and will be on bedrest until Henry comes.
- A.M.S. has her next beta today. Go keep her company.
- N from Two Hot Mamas has a positive HPT and a first beta of 149, but is nervous about another miscarriage.
- None Today.
Read and Support