Lost and Found is open to anyone in the infertility, pregnancy loss, adoption, pregnancy-and-parenting after infertility, assisted conception, living child-free after infertility or loss community (as well as anyone I inadvertently missed on that list). Please support the list as well as anyone posting announcements below.
- Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day: Please vote for this one from Becoming Whole. Not an infertility post, but probably the coolest taming dogs trick I've ever read. A simple thing you can do to keep dogs at bay when they're barking at you that neither harms them nor harms you. How do you vote? Simply by clicking on the words "this one" above and then clicking on the post's title. Why the Kirtsy'd Pick O' the Day? Click on that link in the header navigation bar above for the story. And send me stuff!
- Film: (Bea, are you reading this? We need another IIFF too) A reader sent in this PR release on a film contest. "The above link is regarding a call for entries. They are seeking short films documenting paths to parenthood and struggles with infertility. Thought you and your readers might be interested. They offer cash prizes and winning films are screened at a film festival in NYC."
- Conference: Monica is spearheading this year's EARTH MOMMA: Healing Retreat for Infant Loss, outside of Seattle, WA, on October 16-18. It will be for women who lost an infant just before or after birth. Click the link for more information.
- Newspaper Article: Littlebitofsomething writes: " For anyone who missed it the Washington Post published an article on stillbirth yesterday. It's so important that this topic is making it's way into mainstream media and can only help to widen understanding and advocate for more research." [Melissa's note: don't read the comments on the article. Please, just don't].
- Forums: If you are not a member of the forums, you will not have access to the LFCA on days when we are utilizing an open thread in the forums instead of posting on this site. Any blog reader or writer can become a member of the forums by clicking here and registering. On days when we don't have the LFCA, it also follows that I'll be slow on approving new members (that whole lack of Internet access thing) so please be patient.
- None Today (more soon)
- Good Egg Hunting is celebrating her birthday today. Go sing her a little song.
- Another Dreamer is celebrating her anniversary on July 12th. It's also her test day. Go give the good thoughts and congratulations.
- Infertile? Who, Me? is celebrating her second blogoversary! Go share some cake with her.
- None Today.
- None Today.
- A Family with Ann Ovulation's beta came back negative. Please stop by and offer a supportive hug.
- Sara at Of Course You'll Get Pregnant! has her IUI on Sunday. Sit with her in the WUB.
- Jodie's egg donor is going to retrieval on 7/9. Wish Jodie luck!
- Trying for a Baby could use support after receiving stressful MRI results.
- Mo from Life and Love in the Petri Dish is defending her dissertation today! Go over and wish her good luck!
- NotTheMama has an appointment on Friday afternoon, as a follow-up to an ER visit on Monday night. Ovarian cysts were mentioned as a possibility. She would appreciate thoughts/prayers/etc!
- Michele's 17w4d appointment showed that her cervix has dilated up to the placement of the cerclage. Bedrest is continued with the hopes of keeping the stitch tightly in place and holding the babies in as long as possible. On the up side, Bobby and Maya looked great, and were very active.
- Empty Arms is experiencing several signs of incompetent cervix and is currently on bedrest. Please go keep her company.
- Devon is on bedrest at only 17 weeks after a weekend of cramping and the fear that her placenta previa will cause bleeding. Devon is on Lovenox after losing her twins last year at just 23 weeks. Please go give her support.
- Due to a shortened cervix, Stace has been admitted to the hospital for an extended stay.
- Kami from The Other Side has a nicely doubling beta after her FET!
- Fertile Journey got a BFP 11dpiui! Go over with congratulations and maybe a hand to hold while she waits for good beta numbers.
- I Just Want to be a Mom is celebrating a great 2nd beta of 800! Her first u/s is scheduled for 7/21.
- Andrea had her first ultrasound and it showed three sacks. They don't all look strong and understandably, she is experiencing a lot of anxiety. Please go give her support.
- Dianne is pregnant after her second IVF cycle!
- Salvageable has a faint second line.
- Why Can't I Stay Pregnant? had her 1st trimester screening done and although HCG and nuchal hold was normal (yay!), the papp-A registered on the low side, increasing the baby's risk for Down syndrome a tiny bit. The lower papp-A could mean there could indicate other pregnancy complication, like placental issues, which means she will be closely monitored. They are not opting for any further tests. Wish them good luck as the pregnancy progresses.
- Road Blocks and Roller Coasters got a great second beta.
- MrsMuelly will be delivering her baby girl via c-section on Thursday morning. Head on over and wish her luck!
- Amy had her twins on July 2nd! Please go congratulate her!
Read and Support